If you’re gearing up for this weekend’s slate of NFL action and you’re looking for some games that are offering excellent value so you can string them together as part of a potentially payday-producing NFL Parlay, then look no further NFL gridiron gaming enthusiasts.
I’ve got a trio of Week 3 picks that all have the look of near-lock affairs that make for a ‘sweet treat’ when you string them together as part of a parlay wager.
Now, let’s get to my expert picks.
Bucs fans, it’s time to #RaiseTheFlags!
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) September 21, 2018
Buffalo Bills at Minnesota Vikings
🏈: Buffalo Bills at Minnesota Vikings
⏰: Sun. Sep 23, 2018, 1:00 PM ET
🏟️: US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
🎰: Minnesota Vikings -16½ -110 |
Buffalo is a complete and utter mess and it’s no one’s fault but head coach Sean McDermott. Because of a series of inexplicably head-scratching moves that have left him without an experienced quarterback, the Bills look like they’re in for a really long season after just two games.
Buffalo was completely embarrassed in their 47-3 Week 1 loss at Baltimore and took another convincing defeat on the chin in their 31-20 Week 2 loss against the Chargers. Conversely, Minnesota Vikings manhandled San Francisco in their season-opening 24-16 win and then nearly pulled off an exciting comeback win at Green Bay before settling for a 29-29 tie because of an errant placekicker who has since been shown the door.
I know the 16.5-point spread for this week 2 matchup looks very high, but these two teams are light years apart on both sides of the ball, Minnesota is playing at home and they’re going to be highly motivated after their uninspiring tie last weekend.
• Bills are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing more than 30 points in their previous game.
• Bills are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
• Bills are 2-12 ATS in their last 14 games following a double-digit loss at home.
• Bills are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games on FieldTurf.
• Vikings are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games in September.
• Vikings are 17-5 ATS in their last 22 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
• Vikings are 11-4 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
• Vikings are 8-3-2 ATS in their last 13 games in Week 3.
• Vikings are 35-15-1 ATS in their last 51 home games.
Predicted Score: Vikings 35 Bills 14
Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks
🏈: Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks
⏰: Sun. Sep 23, 2018, 4:25 PM ET
🏟️: CenturyLink Field, Seattle, WA
🎰: Seattle Seahawks -1½ -110 | -125 | U 41½ -110
Seattle has been disappointing in getting off to a 0-2 start that includes a narrow 27-24 loss at Denver in their opener and a nearly identical 24-17 loss at Chicago on Sunday. Still, I like Russell Wilson and company to get past a Dallas Cowboys team I believe is completely mediocre despite the fact that they won in Week 2.
While the Cowboys got past a rebuilding New York Giants team 20-13 last weekend, they also got dominated by the Panthers in their humbling 16-8 season-opening loss at Carolina. Seattle is completely desperate right now and they’re playing at home after back-to-back road dates. Dallas has issues passing the ball and they’re certainly not elite defensively. Seattle has the best player in this contest in Russell Wilson and the line is great.
• Cowboys are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
• Cowboys are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games in September.
• Cowboys are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 road games.
• Seahawks are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games in Week 3.
• Seahawks are 10-4-2 ATS in their last 16 games following a straight up loss.
Predicted Score: Seattle 28 Dallas 23
Pittsburgh Steelers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
🏈: Monday Night Football: Pittsburgh Steelers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
⏰: Mon. Sep 24, 2018, 8:15 PM ET
🏟️: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
🎰: Pittsburgh Steelers -1½ -110 | -125 | O 54 -110
If you take the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buccaneers and analyze them based on what we’ve seen out of each team so far, it’s easy to come to the conclusion that the Buccaneers are going to pick up a big home win on Monday night.
The Bucs have stunned New Orleans and Philadelphia to kick off their 2018 campaign while Pittsburgh need a lot of luck just to tie Cleveland in its opener before going on to give up a whopping six TD passes in their Week 2 loss against Kansas City.
The Steelers have drama in the locker room and a pass defense that got lit up against the Chiefs. Right now, that doesn’t bode well as they get set to face a Buccaneers team that has a trio of gifted pass catchers and an aerial attack that looks virtually unstoppable.
• Steelers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games following an ATS loss.
• Steelers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games in September.
• Steelers are 0-4 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
• Steelers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
• Buccaneers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
• Buccaneers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.
• Buccaneers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS win.
• Buccaneers are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight up win.
Predicted Score: Buccaneers 31 Steelers 27