With Ryan Tannehill out of the lineup again for the Miami Dolphins this coming weekend, veteran Brock Osweiler will look to lead his struggling team to the big upset over Deshaun Watson and a Houston Texans team that is on a nice role as we approach the midway mark of the regular season.
If you like to make Over/Under wagers and you’re looking for some value on the Thursday Night Football game, then look no further. I’ve got you covered right now.
Thursday Night Football: Oakland Raiders at San Francisco 49ers
🏈: Thursday Night Football: Oakland Raiders (1-6) at San Francisco 49ers (1-7)
⏰: Thursday, November 1, 2018, 8:20 PM ET
🏟️: Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
📺: FOX, NFL, DTV: 212
🎰: San Francisco 49ers: -3 -110 | -155 | U 46½ -110
The Raiders have lost three consecutive games including their 42-28 blowout loss against Indianapolis on Sunday while never coming close to covering the spread as a 3.5-point road underdog. Derek Carr had his best game of the season by passing for 244 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions. Unfortunately, Oakland’s generous defense gave up three TD passes to Colts quarterback Andrew Luck while giving up 132 rushing yards and two touchdowns to Colts running back Marlon Mack.
- Over is 8-0 in Raiders last 8 games in Week 9.
- Under is 5-1 in Raiders last 6 games following a double-digit loss at home.
- Under is 5-1 in Raiders last 6 road games.
- Under is 11-3 in Raiders last 14 games overall.
- Under is 11-3 in Raiders last 14 games on grass.
- Over is 18-6-3 in Raiders last 27 games in November.
- Under is 5-2 in Raiders last 7 games after allowing more than 30 points in their previous game.
- Under is 5-2 in Raiders last 7 games following an ATS loss.
San Francisco 49ers
The 49ers have suffered a half-dozen consecutive defeats and come into this contest off a heartbreaking 18-15 road loss at Arizona on Sunday. The Niners entered the fourth quarter with what looked to be a solid 1203 lead, but they collapsed and gave up 15 fourth-quarter points, including Josh Rosen’s 34-yard touchdown pass to Christian Kirk with just 34 seconds remaining. Quarterback C.J. Beathard completed 14 of 28 passes for 190 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions, but it was to no avail.
- Over is 4-1 in 49ers last 5 home games.
- Over is 8-2 in 49ers last 10 games on grass.
- Over is 4-1 in 49ers last 5 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Over is 4-1 in 49ers last 5 games following an ATS loss.
- Under is 4-1 in 49ers last 5 games in Week 9.
- Under is 14-5 in 49ers last 19 games in November.
- Over is 8-3 in 49ers last 11 games overall.
- Under is 8-3 in 49ers last 11 Thursday games.
Expert Pick and Prediction
The Raiders put 28 points on the board, but they were limited to 10 points or less in each of their two previous games. San Francisco has been limited to 15 points or less in each of their last two games while scoring 18 or less in three of their last four games overall. Having said all of that, I really like the Over in this contest, just because both of these teams are so defensively-challenged. Oakland had a solid offensive performance last week and C.J. Beathard is looking better each and every start. I like the Niners to hold it down while the Over plays out!
Predicted Score: 49ers 27 Raiders 23