Carson Wentz and the desperate Philadelphia Eagles will be going all out in order to beat the division rival Washington Redskins in a huge Week 13 NFC East clash that will likely have some bearing on the playoff hopes of both teams.
If you’re looking for some expert NFL Week 13 picks on Monday Football Night, then let’s get down to business NFL betting enthusiasts.
Monday Football Night: Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles
What: Monday Football Night: Washington Redskins (6-5) at Philadelphia Eagles (5-6)
When: Monday, December 3, 2018, 8:15 PM ET
Where: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
TV: ESPN, DTV: 206
Slight Chance Light Snow Showers: 4°C | 40°F
Wind: 5 MPH NW
Stadium Type: Open Air
The Skins have dropped two straight including their 31-23 road loss against Dallas last weekend. Backup quarterback Colt McCoy
struggled since taking over for injured starter Alex Smith. McCoy went 24 of 38 for 268 yards with two touchdowns, but he also tossed a trio of costly interceptions to crush any chance the Skins had of winning last weekend.
“I think I’m encouraged, on a short week like that,” said McCoy. “Losing overshadows everything. But I’ll go back and watch it and try to clean up some of my mistakes that are going to help our team win.
Washington is averaging 20.0 points per game (27th) while giving up 20.8 points per contest defensively (7th).
• Redskins are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS loss.
• Redskins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up loss.
• Redskins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on grass.
• Redskins are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
• Redskins are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
• Redskins are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 13.
The Birds managed to snap a two-game skid by narrowly getting past the Giants 25-22 last weekend as Carson Wentz completed 20 of 28 passes for 236 yards and one touchdown while Josh Adams rushed 24 times for 84 yards and one score. The Eagles were lifted to victory on Jake Elliott’s game-winning 43-yard field goal with 22 seconds remaining.
“This was a big game mentally, to show resilience and battle back,” said Wentz.
Philadelphia is averaging a modest 20.9 points per game (23rd) while giving up 23.0 points per contest defensively (15th).
• Eagles are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following an ATS loss.
• Eagles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in December.
• Eagles are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
• Eagles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. NFC East.
• Eagles are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 home games.
• Eagles are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up win.
• Eagles are 0-4 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
• Eagles are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 vs. NFC.
Expert Pick and Prediction
Look, it’s a damned shame that Washington lost Alex Smith for the season, but hey, that’s life in today’s NFL. Unfortunately for the Skins, however, it may mean their postseason hopes are finished. While Colt McCoy isn’t completely and blindingly awful, he is completely and utterly mediocre and that means Washington isn’t going to win – or cover – the chalk in this contest.
The Eagles are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 home games against a team with a winning road record and 15-6 ATS in their last 21 games in Week 13 the Redskins are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 vs. NFC East and a woeful 7-20 ATS in their last 27 Monday Night Football games. I like the Eagles to get the touchdown win to narrowly cover the chalk.
Predicted Score Philadelphia Eagles 28 | Washington Redskins 21