If you love Over/Under total betting, then you’re going to have a great chance to cash in on Monday Night Football when Case Keenum and the Denver Broncos take on Derek Carr and the Oakland Raiders in a meaningless Week 16 matchup of AFC West division rivals. With both teams having nothing to play for except draft position, let’s find out whether the Over or the Under is the best pick in this matchup.
Monday Night Football: New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers
What: Monday Night Football: Denver Broncos (6-8) at Oakland Raiders (3-11)
When: Monday, December 24, 2018, 8:15 PM ET
Where: Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, CA
TV: ESPN, DTV: 206
Chance Light Rain Showers: 11°C | 51°F
Wind: 9 MPH W
Stadium Type: Open Air
The Broncos had a shot at reaching the playoffs two weeks ago, but they lost their second straight game by falling to Cleveland 17-16 last weekend while the game’s final score played well under the 47-point total. Denver’s defense also gave up a pair of touchdown tosses to Browns rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield in the loss while getting held to a pitiful 42 total rushing yards. Denver averages 21.9 points per game (21st) while allowing 21.4 points per contest defensively to rank an encouraging 10th in points allowed. The Broncos have played Under the total in six straight games.
• Under is 6-1 in Broncos last 7 games in December.
• Under is 5-1 in Broncos last 6 games following an ATS loss.
• Under is 12-3 in Broncos last 15 vs. a team with a losing record.
• Under is 4-1 in Broncos last 5 games following a straight up loss.
• Under is 12-3-1 in Broncos last 16 vs. AFC.
• Under is 15-5-1 in Broncos last 21 games overall.
One week after pulling off a fantastic upset of Pittsburgh, the raiders were back to struggling in their humbling 30-16 smackdown loss against Cincinnati last weekend while the game’s final score played out as a Push against the 46-point total. Derek Carr passed for 263 yards and one touchdown, but Oakland’s defense gave up 129 rushing yards and two scores to Bengals running back Joe Mixon in the loss while getting held to three second-half field goals. The Raiders average a minuscule 18.9 points per game (29th) while allowing a whopping 29.9 points per game defensively to rank dead last in points allowed.
• Under is 6-1 in Raiders last 7 vs. AFC West.
• Under is 10-2 in Raiders last 12 games after allowing less than 150 yards passing in their previous game.
• Over is 3-1-1 in Raiders last 5 games overall.
• Under is 14-5 in Raiders last 19 games on grass.
• Under is 8-3 in Raiders last 11 home games.
• Under is 5-2 in Raiders last 7 games in Week 16.
Expert Pick and Prediction
With these two teams combining to average just over 40 combined points per game, I’m going to advise you to play the Under 44.5 total points in this contest. The Broncos have been held to 16 points or less in each of their last two games and Oakland has been held to 17 or less in two of their last four games.
The Under is 3-0-1 in Denver’s last 4 road games and 3-0-1 in the Broncos last 4 games against their AFC West counterparts. The Under is 6-1-1 in Oakland’s last 8 games in December and 4-0 in the last four meetings between these longtime division rivals. I like Denver to get the win while the final score plays Under the total
Predicted Score: Denver Broncos 24 | Oakland Raiders 17