Here is our Colts at Texans Betting preview, created with the goal of helping you make savvy choices when getting action on this 2023-24 NFL week 1 game.
Colts at Texans Betting: NFL Week 1 Preview
The Indianapolis Colts and the Houston Texans are two of the most historic clubs in the National Football League. As a result, the game between these two teams in Week 1 is consistently regarded as one of the most anticipated contests of the year. In contrast to the Texans, who are trying to improve upon their 4-13 record from the previous season, the Colts are coming off of a terrible 9-8 season. This game will likely come down to the wire because both teams are seeking to prove something to their respective fans and audiences.
Matt Ryan, a former Pro Bowl quarterback with the Atlanta Falcons, is currently the starting quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts. Ryan topped the National Football League in completion percentage with 67.1%, in addition to throwing for 4,530 yards and 26 touchdowns. The running game for the Colts is also very effective, and it is led by Jonathan Taylor.
Davis Mills, who played quarterback for the Texans last year and had a successful debut, is looking to build on his impressive performance. Mills led the NFL with a completion percentage of 66.6% and threw for 2,664 yards and 16 touchdowns while also finishing in first place. Marlon Mack is the one that leads the Texans’ effective running game, which is another strength of this team.
There is a good chance that a lot of points will be scored in this matchup. Both teams have potent attacks, and they ought to be able to move the ball against the defenses of the other team. Although the Colts are considered to be the slight favorites, the Texans are very certainly still in the game.
Colts at Texans Betting: Important matchups to keep an eye on
Now in our Colts at Texans Betting preview, we are going to analyze the key matchups for this game.
- Both Matt Ryan and Davis Mills are considered to be among the most intriguing quarterbacks in the National Football League. It’s possible that the outcome of this duel will determine who wins the game.
- Christian Kirksey and Jonathan Taylor are two of the top young running backs and linebackers in the NFL. Taylor and Kirksey will square off in this matchup. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
- Michael Pittman Jr. and Lonnie Johnson Jr. are two of the top young wide receivers and cornerbacks in the NFL, respectively. Pittman Jr. and Johnson Jr. are competing against one another. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
The Indianapolis Colts and the Houston Texans are two of the most intriguing teams in the National Football League, and their matchup in Week 1 is guaranteed to be a game that will keep fans on the edge of their seats. Although the Colts are considered to be the slight favorites, the Texans are very certainly still in the game. The contest has the potential to be a high-scoring battle; however, if both defenses are playing well, it also has the potential to be a low-scoring affair. It is almost certain to be one of the games that gets the most attention throughout the course of the season.
A few additional things to keep a watch on
- The Colts’ defense: The Colts’ defense was one of the best in the NFL during the previous season, and they will be hoping to take that momentum into this season in the hopes of maintaining their position as one of the greatest defenses in the NFL.
- Defense of the Texans: The Texans’ defense has a lot of promise, but in order to win this game, they will need to be consistent in their performance.
- Teams with special abilities: These teams have the potential to be the game-changing factor. Both teams have quality returners, and those players have the potential to make some game-changing plays in this contest.
This match is going to be really competitive, and it is one of the games that many are looking forward to watching the most this season. Although the Colts are considered to be the slight favorites, the Texans are very certainly still in the game. It promises to be an exciting battle, and there is no doubt that it will be one of the games that gets the most attention over the entire campaign.
Colts at Texans Betting: Trends to keep an eye out for
Next, we have the most important Colts at Texans Betting trends.
- In their last four games versus the Texans, the Colts are 3-1 against the spread (ATS).
- The Texans’ record against the spread in their previous five games played at home is 1-5.
- Four out of the last five games played in Indianapolis have had the overall score go beyond the mark.
Based on these tendencies, it appears as though the Colts will be the team that emerges victorious from this match, and it is possible that there will be a lot of points scored. On the other hand, the Texans are a dangerous club when they play at home, and you shouldn’t take them lightly.
Colts at Texans Betting: Indianapolis vs Houston History and Rivalry
Last but not least in our Colts at Texans Betting preview, we have the history and rivalry between these two American pro football franchises.
Since the Houston Texans joined the NFL in 2002, they have been rivals with the Indianapolis Colts. In the regular season, the two teams have played each other 37 times, and the Colts have a 23-14 lead in the series. They have also played each other once in the playoffs, which the Colts won.
When the Texans joined the NFL as a new team in 2002, the competition began. Both teams were in the South, and they started to hate each other right away. The games between the Colts and the Texans were often close and hard-fought, and the rivalry quickly became one of the most famous in the NFL.
In 2004, one of the most interesting games in the series took place. The Colts had just won the Super Bowl, and quarterback Peyton Manning was in charge of them. The Texans were a team that could have made the playoffs, and quarterback David Carr led them. The game was close the whole time, and it came down to a field goal by the Colts in the last second. The Colts won the game 29–28, and they went on to win the AFC South championship.
In 2012, another famous game between the two teams was played. The Colts had won the AFC South title the year before, and Andrew Luck was their quarterback. The Texans were a team that could have made the playoffs, and quarterback Matt Schaub led them. The game was close the whole time, and it came down to a field goal by the Texans in the last second. The Texans won the game 34–32, and they went on to win the AFC South championship.
Over the years, the Colts and Texans have played some great games, and the relationship is likely to last for many more years. There are passionate fans of both teams in both towns, which are just over 200 miles apart. The competition is known for being fierce, and every game between the two teams is a must-see.
Here are some of the most important games between the Colts and the Texans
- In 2004, the Colts and the Texans play a thrilling game that the Colts win 29-28.
- In 2012, the Texans won the AFC South by beating the Colts in a close game, 34-32.
- The Colts beat the Texans 30-28 in a close game in 2018 to make the playoffs.
- The Colts beat the Texans 28–24 in a close game in 2021, ending the Texans’ streak of losing games.
- The Colts beat the Texans 30-28 in a close game in 2022, which gave them the AFC South championship.
The Colts and Texans are two of the most popular teams in the NFL, and their rivalry is one of the most heated in the game. Games between these two teams are always fun to watch, and that’s likely to stay true for many years to come.
But it’s important to note that the rivalry between the Colts and the Texans is not as intense as some of the other NFL rivals. Because the two teams haven’t played each other much in the playoffs in recent years. But the battle is still fierce, and it will only get worse in the years to come.
The Colts and the Texans have played each other once in the playoffs, as well as during the regular season. When they met for the first time, in the AFC Wild Card Round of 2012, the Colts won 28-16.
One of the best rivalries in the NFL is between the Colts and the Texans. The two teams have been playing against each other for a long time, and their games have always been close and exciting. This will probably always be one of the most famous rivalries in the NFL.
Colts at Texans Betting: Head to Head
Head to head for our Colts at Texans Betting preview:
|Jan 8, 2023
|-3 / 37.5
|Lost / Over
|Sep 11, 2022
|-7 / 45.5
|Lost / Under
|Dec 5, 2021
|-10 / 45
|Won / Under
|Oct 17, 2021
|-11.5 / 44.5
|Won / Under
|Dec 20, 2020
|-7.5 / 51.5
|Lost / Under
|Dec 6, 2020
|-3 / 50
|Won / Under
|Nov 21, 2019
|+3.5 / 46
|Won / Under
|Oct 20, 2019
|-1.5 / 47
|Won / Over
|Jan 5, 2019
|+1.5 / 49
|Won / Under
|Dec 9, 2018
|+4 / 49
|Won / Under
Colts at Texans Betting preview for week 1 of the 2023-24 NFL season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: