Chiefs at Cardinals Betting preview for this particular game that is set to take place during the first week of the 2023-24 NFL season.
Chiefs at Cardinals Betting: NFL Week 1 Preview
The Kansas City Chiefs and the Arizona Cardinals are two of the most historic clubs in the National Football League. As a result, the game between these two teams in Week 1 is consistently regarded as one of the most anticipated contests of the year. The Chiefs are seeking to improve on their unsatisfactory 14-3 record from the previous season, while the Cardinals are hoping to improve on their 11-6 record from the previous year. This game will likely come down to the wire because both teams are seeking to prove something to their respective fans and audiences.
Patrick Mahomes, the quarterback for the Chiefs, is coming off a season in which he was selected for the Pro Bowl. Mahomes completed 37 touchdown passes and passed for 4,839 yards while also running for 525 yards and scoring five touchdowns on the ground. Clyde Edwards-Helaire is the one who leads the Chiefs’ effective running game, which is another strength of this team.
Kyler Murray, the quarterback for the Cardinals, is coming off a season in which he was selected to the Pro Bowl. Murray completed passes for 3,750 yards and 24 touchdowns, while he ran for 911 yards and five scores as well. In total, he accounted for 4,075 yards and 35 points. Chase Edmonds is the one that leads the Cardinals’ powerful running game, which is another strength of this team.
There is a good chance that a lot of points will be scored in this matchup. Both teams have potent attacks, and they ought to be able to move the ball against the defenses of the other team. The Cardinals have a good chance of winning this game, despite the fact that the Chiefs are minor favorites.
Chiefs at Cardinals Betting: Important matchups to keep an eye on
Now in our Chiefs at Cardinals Betting preview, let’s talk about the key matchups to watch out for:
- Patrick Mahomes and Kyler Murray are two of the most interesting young quarterbacks in the NFL. Mahomes and Murray are competing against one other. It’s possible that the outcome of this duel will determine who wins the game.
- The matchup between Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Chase Edmonds pits two of the most talented rookie running backs in the NFL. Edmonds and Edwards-Helaire are tied for first place in this category. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
- Byron Murphy Jr. takes on JuJu Smith-Schuster in this matchup. Both Smith-Schuster and Murphy Jr. are considered to be two of the most talented young wide receivers and cornerbacks in the National Football League. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
The Kansas City Chiefs and the Arizona Cardinals are two of the most entertaining teams in the National Football League, and their showdown in Week 1 is guaranteed to be an interesting game for both teams. The Cardinals have a good chance of winning this game, despite the fact that the Chiefs are minor favorites. The contest has the potential to be a high-scoring battle; however, if both defenses are playing well, it also has the potential to be a low-scoring affair. It is almost certain to be one of the games that gets the most attention throughout the course of the season.
A few additional things to keep a watch on in this game
- The Chiefs’ defense: The Chiefs’ defense was one of the best in the NFL in the previous season, and they will be hoping to take that momentum into this season in the hopes of maintaining their position as one of the greatest defenses in the NFL.
- The defense of the Cardinals: The defense of the Cardinals was also one of the best in the NFL in the previous season, but they have since lost several key players due to free agency and other offseason moves.
- Teams with special abilities: These teams have the potential to be the game-changing factor. Both teams have quality returners, and those players have the potential to make some game-changing plays in this contest.
This match is going to be really competitive, and it is one of the games that many are looking forward to watching the most this season. The Cardinals have a good chance of winning this game, despite the fact that the Chiefs are minor favorites. It promises to be an exciting battle, and there is no doubt that it will be one of the games that gets the most attention over the entire campaign.
Chiefs at Cardinals Betting: Trends to keep an eye out for
Next in our Chiefs at Cardinals Betting preview, let’s talk about the most important trends:
- In their last three games against the Cardinals, the Chiefs are 2-1 against the spread (ATS).
- The Cardinals’ record against the spread in their previous four games played at home is 3-1.
- Five out of the last six games that have been played in Glendale have seen the total score go above.
Based on these tendencies, it appears that the Chiefs have a better chance of coming out on top in this game, and it’s possible that there will be a lot of points scored. On the other hand, the Cardinals are a dangerous team when they play at home, and you shouldn’t take them lightly.
Chiefs at Cardinals Betting: Kansas City vs Arizona History and Rivalry
And now in our Chiefs at Cardinals Betting preview, let’s check out the history and rivalry between these two pro American football teams.
The Chiefs and Cardinals have been rivals since the Cardinals joined the NFL in 1920. The two teams have met 107 times in the regular season, with the Chiefs leading the series 60-47. They have also met 3 times in the playoffs, with the Chiefs winning 2 games.
The rivalry began in 1920, when the Cardinals joined the NFL as a charter member. The two teams were both located in the Midwest, and they quickly developed a fierce rivalry. The games between the Chiefs and Cardinals were often close and hard-fought, and the rivalry quickly became one of the most popular in the NFL.
The rivalry intensified in the 1970s, when both teams were contenders for the Super Bowl. The Chiefs won the Super Bowl in 1970 and 1971, and the Cardinals won the NFC Championship Game in 1975. The two teams met in the playoffs three times in the 1970s, with the Chiefs winning two games.
The rivalry cooled off in the 1980s and 1990s, as both teams struggled to win consistently. However, the rivalry has heated up again in recent years, as both teams have become playoff contenders. The Chiefs and Cardinals met in the playoffs in 2015, with the Chiefs winning the game.
One of the most memorable games in the rivalry was played in 1970. The Chiefs and Cardinals were both undefeated going into the game, and the winner would be the AFC West champion. The game was close throughout, and it came down to a last-second field goal by the Chiefs. The Chiefs won the game 24-23, and they went on to win the Super Bowl.
Another memorable game in the rivalry was played in 2015. The Chiefs and Cardinals were both playoff contenders going into the game, and the winner would have a big advantage in the race for the AFC West title. The game was close throughout, and it came down to a last-second field goal by the Chiefs. The Chiefs won the game 26-24, and they went on to win the AFC West title.
The Chiefs and Cardinals have had some great games over the years, and the rivalry is sure to continue for many years to come. The two teams are located just over 1,000 miles apart, and they have a passionate fan base in both cities. The rivalry is known for its intensity, and it is always a must-watch game.
Here are some of the notable games in the history of the Chiefs-Cardinals rivalry
- 1970: The Chiefs and Cardinals play in an undefeated showdown, with the Chiefs winning 24-23.
- 2015: The Chiefs beat the Cardinals in a close game, 26-24, to win the AFC West title.
- 2018: The Chiefs beat the Cardinals in a close game, 38-35, to clinch a playoff berth.
- 2021: The Chiefs beat the Cardinals in a close game, 34-31, to snap the Cardinals’ winning streak.
- 2022: The Chiefs beat the Cardinals in a close game, 38-35, to clinch the AFC West title.
The Chiefs and Cardinals are two of the most popular teams in the NFL, and their rivalry is one of the most intense in the league. The games between these two teams are always exciting, and they are sure to continue to be a must-watch for years to come.
However, it is important to note that the Chiefs and Cardinals rivalry is not as intense as some of the other rivalries in the NFL. This is because the two teams have not met in the playoffs very often in recent years. However, the rivalry is still very competitive, and it is sure to heat up in the years to come.
Chiefs at Cardinals Betting: Head to Head
Head to head information for our Chiefs at Cardinals Betting preview:
|Sep 11, 2022
|+6 / 53.5
|Lost / Over
|Nov 11, 2018
|+17 / 49.5
|Won / Under
|Dec 7, 2014
|+2 / 41
|Won / Under
|Nov 21, 2010
|-8 / 44.5
|Lost / Under
|Oct 8, 2006
|+3 / 39
|Push / Over
|Dec 1, 2002
|-9 / 47
|Lost / Over
|Oct 21, 2001
|+2 / 41
|Won / Under
|Nov 29, 1998
|-3.5 / 42
|Lost / Over
|Oct 1, 1995
|+1.5 / 37
|Lost / Under
Chiefs at Cardinals Betting preview for week 1 of the 2023-24 season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: