Raiders at Chargers Betting preview for this game that will be taking place during the first week of the 2023-24 NFL season.
Raiders at Chargers Betting: NFL Week 1 Preview
The Las Vegas Raiders and the Los Angeles Chargers are two of the most storied franchises in the National Football League (NFL), and their matchup in Week 1 is always one of the games that fans look forward to the most during the whole NFL season. The Raiders are seeking to improve on their 10-7 record from the previous season, while the Chargers are hoping to improve on their 9-8 record from the previous year. This game will likely come down to the wire because both teams are seeking to prove something to their respective fans and audiences.
Derek Carr, the quarterback for the Raiders, is coming off of a successful season and is the team’s leader. Carr completed passes for 4,804 yards and scored 27 touchdowns. On the ground, he rushed for 454 yards and scored two scores. The running game for the Raiders is also very effective, and it is led by Josh Jacobs.
Justin Herbert, the quarterback for the Chargers, is coming off a season in which he was selected to the Pro Bowl. Herbert completed 31 touchdown passes and passed for 4,336 yards while also running for 554 yards and scoring six scores on the ground. In addition, Austin Ekeler leads the Chargers’ effective running game, which is another strength of this team.
There is a good chance that a lot of points will be scored in this matchup. Both teams have potent attacks, and they ought to be able to move the ball against the defenses of the other team. There is a possibility that the Chargers could win this game, despite the fact that the Raiders are the slight favorite.
Raiders at Chargers Betting: Important matchups to keep an eye on
Now in our Raiders at Chargers Betting preview, let’s talk about the key matchups to watch out for:
- Derek Carr and Justin Herbert are two of the most interesting young quarterbacks in the National Football League. Carr and Herbert will square off in this matchup. It’s possible that the outcome of this duel will determine who wins the game.
- Both Josh Jacobs and Austin Ekeler are considered to be two of the most talented rookie running backs in the National Football League. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
- Hunter Renfrow and Derwin James are two of the top young wide receivers and cornerbacks in the NFL, respectively. Renfrow and James are competing against one another. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
Both the Las Vegas Raiders and the Los Angeles Chargers are considered to be two of the most intriguing teams in the National Football League. Because of this, their Week 1 battle is certain to be an exciting game. There is a possibility that the Chargers could win this game, despite the fact that the Raiders are the slight favorite. The contest has the potential to be a high-scoring battle; however, if both defenses are playing well, it also has the potential to be a low-scoring affair. It is almost certain to be one of the games that gets the most attention throughout the course of the season.
There are a few additional things to keep a watch on in this game
- The defense of the Raiders: The defense of the Raiders was one of the worst in the NFL during the previous season, but the team has made some significant moves over the summer to improve it. They selected defensive end Maxx Crosby with the 48th overall pick and defensive lineman Johnathan Hankins as a free agent signing.
- The defense of the Chargers: The defense of the Chargers was also one of the worst in the NFL during the previous season, but the team has made some significant moves in the offseason to improve it. In the cornerback position, they selected Asante Samuel Jr. with the 37th overall pick, while in the safety position, they signed free agent Nasir Adderley.
- Teams with special abilities: These teams have the potential to be the game-changing factor. Both teams have quality returners, and those players have the potential to make some game-changing plays in this contest.
This match is going to be really competitive, and it is one of the games that many are looking forward to watching the most this season. There is a possibility that the Chargers could win this game, despite the fact that the Raiders are the slight favorite. It promises to be an exciting battle, and there is no doubt that it will be one of the games that gets the most attention over the entire campaign.
Raiders at Chargers Betting: Trends to keep an eye out for
Here are the most important Raiders at Chargers Betting trends:
- In their last three games versus the Chargers, the Raiders are 2-1 against the spread (ATS).
- The Chargers have covered the spread in three of their last four games at home, going 3-1.
- Five out of the previous six games played in Las Vegas have seen the overall score go beyond the mark.
Based on these tendencies, it appears as though the Raiders are the team that has a better chance of winning this game, and it’s possible that there will be a lot of points scored. On the other hand, the Chargers are a dangerous club when they play at home, and you shouldn’t take them lightly.
Las Vegas vs Los Angeles History and Rivalry
Last but not least in our Raiders at Chargers Betting preview, let’s talk about the history and rivalry between these two teams.
Since 1960, when the Chargers joined the American Football League (AFL), the Raiders and Chargers have been foes. Both sides have played each other 98 times during the regular season, and the Raiders have won 59 of those games. They’ve also played each other three times in the playoffs, with the Raiders winning twice.
The Chargers joined the AFL in 1960, making them one of the league’s first teams. Both teams were in Southern California, and it didn’t take long for them to become fierce rivals. The games between the Raiders and Chargers were often close and tough, and the rivalry quickly became one of the most famous in the AFL.
In the 1970s, when both teams were trying to win the AFL/AFC title, the competition got worse. In 1976 and 1980, the Raiders won the Super Bowl, and in 1979 the Chargers won the AFC Championship Game. In the 1970s, these two teams played each other three times in the playoffs. The Raiders won two of those games.
In the 1980s and 1990s, neither team could win very often, so the competition grew less intense. But in the last few years, the competition has become more heated again because both teams are now good enough to make the playoffs. In 2006, the Raiders and the Chargers played in the playoffs. The Raiders won the game.
In 1978, one of the most interesting games in the series took place. Before the game, both the Raiders and the Chargers had never lost. The winner would be the AFC West champion. The game was close the whole time, and it came down to a field goal by the Raiders in the last second. The Raiders won the game 27–24, and then they went on to win the AFC Championship Game.
In 2006, another famous game between the two teams was played. Before the game, both the Raiders and the Chargers were in the running for the playoffs, and the winner would have a big edge in the race for the AFC West title. The game was close the whole time, and it came down to a field goal by the Raiders in the last second. The Raiders won the game 27–24, and they went on to win the AFC West championship.
The Las Vegas Raiders and the Los Angeles Chargers have had some great games over the years, and the relationship is likely to last for many more. There are passionate fans of both teams in both towns, which are just over 100 miles apart. The competition is known for being fierce, and every game between the two teams is a must-see.
Here are some of the most important games between the Raiders and the Chargers:
- In 1978, the Raiders play the Chargers in a game between two unbeaten teams. The Raiders win 27-24.
- In 2006, the Raiders won the AFC West title by beating the Chargers 27-24 in a close game.
- The Raiders beat the Chargers 31–24 in a close game in 2018 to earn a spot in the playoffs.
- In 2021, the Raiders were on a winning run until the Chargers beat them 28-24 in a close game.
- The Raiders beat the Chargers 30-27 in a close game in 2022, which gave them the AFC West championship.
The Los Angeles Chargers and the Las Vegas Raiders are two of the NFL’s most popular teams, and their rivalry is one of the most heated in the game. Games between these two teams are always fun to watch, and that’s likely to stay true for many years to come.
Raiders at Chargers Betting: Head to Head
Head to head information for our Raiders at Chargers Betting preview:
|Dec 4, 2022||Chargers||@Raiders||+2.5 / 49.5||Lost 20-27||Lost / Under|
|Sep 11, 2022||Chargers||Raiders||-3.5 / 52.5||Won 24-19||Won / Under|
|Jan 9, 2022||Chargers||@Raiders||-3 / 49||Lost 32-35||Lost / Over|
|Oct 4, 2021||Chargers||Raiders||-3.5 / 52||Won 28-14||Won / Under|
|Dec 17, 2020||Chargers||@Raiders||+3.5 / 52||Won 30-27||Won / Over|
|Nov 8, 2020||Chargers||Raiders||+1 / 53||Lost 26-31||Lost / Over|
|Dec 22, 2019||Chargers||Raiders||-7.5 / 45||Lost 17-24||Lost / Under|
|Nov 7, 2019||Chargers||@Raiders||-1.5 / 49||Lost 24-26||Lost / Over|
|Nov 11, 2018||Chargers||@Raiders||-10 / 50.5||Won 20-6||Won / Under|
|Oct 7, 2018||Chargers||Raiders||-4.5 / 51.5||Won 26-10||Won / Under|
Raiders at Chargers Betting preview for week 1 of the 2023-24 NFL season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: