Here is our Patriots at Dolphins Betting preview for this game that will be taking place during week 1 of the 2023-24 NFL season.
Patriots at Dolphins Betting: NFL Week 1 Preview
The New England Patriots and the Miami Dolphins are two of the most historic clubs in the National Football League. As a result, the game between these two teams in Week 1 is consistently regarded as one of the most anticipated contests of the year. The Patriots are seeking to improve on their 7-10 record from the previous season, while the Dolphins are hoping to improve on their 9-8 record from the previous year. This game will likely come down to the wire because both teams are seeking to prove something to their respective fans and audiences.
Mac Jones, the Patriots’ quarterback, is coming off of an encouraging debut season in his first year in the league. Jones topped the National Football League in completion percentage with 67.6%, in addition to throwing for 3,801 yards and 22 touchdowns. Additionally, the Patriots have an effective running game, which is led by Damien Harris.
Tua Tagovailoa, the quarterback of the Dolphins, is coming off of a good sophomore season. He has been the team’s leader. Tagovailoa ran for 46 yards and scored a touchdown, in addition to throwing for 2,653 yards and 16 touchdowns during the game. The running game for the Dolphins is also quite effective, and it is led by Myles Gaskin.
This contest has the potential to be a defensive struggle with few points scored. Both clubs have solid defenses, and they should be able to put a damper on the offensive capabilities of the opposing squad. Although the Patriots are considered to be small favorites, there is little question that the Dolphins will be competitive in this game.
Patriots at Dolphins Betting: Key matchups to watch in this game
Now in our Patriots at Dolphins Betting preview, we have the key matchups for the game:
- Mac Jones and Tua Tagovailoa are two of the most interesting young quarterbacks in the NFL. They are competing against one another in this matchup. It’s possible that the outcome of this duel will determine who wins the game.
- Both Damien Harris and Jevon Holland are considered to be two of the top young running backs and linebackers in the NFL. Harris and Holland are competing against one another. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
- Jaylen Waddle and J.C. Jackson are two of the top young wide receivers and cornerbacks in the NFL, respectively. Waddle and Jackson face off in this matchup. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
Both the New England Patriots and the Miami Dolphins are considered to be two of the most intriguing teams in the National Football League. As a result, their Week 1 battle is certain to be an interesting contest. Although the Patriots are considered to be small favorites, there is little question that the Dolphins will be competitive in this game. The game has the potential to be a low-scoring affair, but it also has the ability to be a high-scoring affair if both offenses are humming. Depending on how the game plays out, either scenario is possible. It is almost certain to be one of the games that gets the most attention throughout the course of the season.
A few other things to keep an eye on in this game
- The Patriots’ defense: The Patriots’ defense was one of the best in the NFL in the previous season, and they will be hoping to take that momentum into this season in the hopes of maintaining their position as one of the greatest defenses in the NFL.
- Defense of the Dolphins: The defense of the Dolphins has a lot of promise, but in order to win this game, they will need to be consistent.
- Teams with special abilities: These teams have the potential to be the game-changing factor. Both teams have quality returners, and those players have the potential to make some game-changing plays in this contest.
This match is going to be really competitive, and it is one of the games that many are looking forward to watching the most this season. Although the Patriots are considered to be small favorites, there is little question that the Dolphins will be competitive in this game. It promises to be an exciting battle, and there is no doubt that it will be one of the games that gets the most attention over the entire campaign.
Patriots at Dolphins Betting: Trends to keep an eye out for
Here are the most important Patriots at Dolphins Betting trends:
- The Patriots’ record against the Dolphins in their previous five games stands at 1-4 ATS.
- The Dolphins’ record against the spread in their previous seven games played at home is 2-5.
- In the last five games played in Miami, the total has gone under in four of those games.
These patterns indicate that the Dolphins have a better chance of winning this game, and that there is a possibility that there will not be a lot of scoring in this contest. On the other hand, the Patriots are a dangerous club when they play away from home, and you shouldn’t take them lightly.
Patriots at Dolphins Betting: New England vs Miami History and Rivalry
Last but not least in our Patriots at Dolphins Betting preview, we have the history and rivalry between these two teams.
Since the Dolphins joined the NFL in 1966, they have been foes with the Patriots. Both sides have played each other 112 times during the regular season, and the Patriots have won 63 of those games. They have played each other four times in the playoffs, with the Patriots winning three of those games.
When the Miami Dolphins joined the NFL as an expansion team in 1966, the competition began. Both teams were in the East, and they started to hate each other right away. The games between the Patriots and Dolphins were often close and hard-fought, and this rivalry quickly became one of the most famous in the NFL.
In 1971, one of the most interesting games in the series took place. The Dolphins had just won the Super Bowl, and quarterback Bob Griese was in charge of the team. The Patriots were a team that could have made the playoffs, and quarterback Jim Plunkett was in charge of them. The game was close all the way through, and it came down to a field goal by the Dolphins in the last second. The game ended 24-21, and the Dolphins went on to win the Super Bowl.
In 2007, there was another great game between the two teams. The Patriots had just won the Super Bowl, and quarterback Tom Brady was in charge of them. Chad Pennington was their quarterback, and they had a chance to make the playoffs. The game was close the whole time, and it came down to a field goal made by the Patriots in the last second. The Patriots won the game 24-21, and then they went on to win the Super Bowl.
Over the years, the Patriots and Dolphins have played some great games, and the rivalry is likely to last for many more years. There are passionate fans of both teams in both towns, which are just over 100 miles apart. The competition is known for being fierce, and every game between the two teams is a must-see.
Here are some of the most important games between the Patriots and Dolphins:
- The Dolphins and the Patriots play a thrilling game in 1971, which the Dolphins win 24-21.
- 2007: The Patriots won the AFC East title by beating the Dolphins 24-21 in a close game.
- The Patriots beat the Dolphins 27-24 in a close game in 2018 to earn a spot in the playoffs.
- The Dolphins had won five straight games before the Patriots beat them 17-16 in a close game in 2021.
- In 2022, the Patriots won a close game against the Dolphins, 24-22, to win the AFC East title.
The Patriots and Dolphins are two of the most popular teams in the NFL, and their rivalry is one of the most heated in the game. Games between these two teams are always fun to watch, and that’s likely to stay true for many years to come.
But it’s important to remember that the rivalry between the Patriots and the Dolphins isn’t as intense as some of the other NFL rivals. Because the two teams haven’t played each other much in the playoffs in recent years. But the battle is still fierce, and it will only get worse in the years to come.
The Patriots and Dolphins have played each other four times in the playoffs, as well as during the regular season. When they first played, in the AFC Championship Game of 1971, the Dolphins won 27–17. The second time they played was in the 1985 AFC Divisional Round, and the Dolphins won 27-20. When they met for the third time, in the AFC Championship Game in 2001, the Patriots won 24–17. When they played each other for the fourth time, in the 2018 AFC Divisional Round, the Patriots won 38-7.
One of the most heated rivalries in the NFL is between the Patriots and the Dolphins. There is a long history of close and exciting games between these two teams, and this relationship is sure to remain one of the most popular in the NFL for years to come.
Patriots at Dolphins Betting: Head to Head
Head to head information for our Patriots at Dolphins Betting preview:
|Jan 1, 2023||Dolphins||@Patriots||+3 / 41.5||Lost 21-23||Won / Over|
|Sep 11, 2022||Dolphins||Patriots||-3 / 46||Won 20-7||Won / Under|
|Jan 9, 2022||Dolphins||Patriots||+6.5 / 41||Won 33-24||Won / Over|
|Sep 12, 2021||Dolphins||@Patriots||+3.5 / 43.5||Won 17-16||Won / Under|
|Dec 20, 2020||Dolphins||Patriots||+1 / 40.5||Won 22-12||Won / Under|
|Sep 13, 2020||Dolphins||@Patriots||+7.5 / 41.5||Lost 11-21||Lost / Under|
|Dec 29, 2019||Dolphins||@Patriots||+17 / 45||Won 27-24||Won / Over|
|Sep 15, 2019||Dolphins||Patriots||+18 / 48.5||Lost 0-43||Lost / Under|
|Dec 9, 2018||Dolphins||Patriots||+9.5 / 49.5||Won 34-33||Won / Over|
|Sep 30, 2018||Dolphins||@Patriots||+6.5 / 50.5||Lost 7-38||Lost / Under|
Patriots at Dolphins Betting preview for week 1 of the 2023-24 NFL season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: