Here is our Saints at Falcons Betting preview with key information to help you bet this 2023-24 NFL week 1 game wisely.
Saints at Falcons Betting: NFL Week 1 Preview
In the first week of the NFL season, the New Orleans Saints will take on the Atlanta Falcons. Here are some patterns to keep an eye out for:
- In their last seven games versus the Falcons, the Saints are 6-1 against the spread (ATS).
- The Falcons’ record against the spread in their last seven games played at home is 2-5.
- In six of the last seven matchups between these two teams, the overall score went above the mark.
Jameis Winston, the quarterback for the Saints, is coming off a career year in 2021, and the team is headed by Winston. Winston passed for 5,109 yards and 33 touchdowns, and he wants to continue on that accomplishment in the upcoming season, which will take place in 2022. Additionally, the Saints have a potent running game, which is led by Alvin Kamara.
Marcus Mariota, a quarterback who most recently played for the Raiders in Las Vegas and had a successful season there, has been selected to lead the Falcons. Mariota passed for 3,648 yards and 21 touchdowns, and the Falcons are hoping to the quarterback to lead them to their first postseason appearance since 2017 and get them back into the playoffs. Cordarrelle Patterson is the team’s primary ball carrier, and the Falcons’ running game is one of the best in the league.
This match may easily turn into a gunfight at any moment. Both teams have potent attacks, and they ought to be able to move the ball against the defenses of the other team. The Falcons are not out of it by any means, despite the fact that the Saints are slight favorites in this game.
Saints at Falcons Betting: Most important matchups to keep an eye on
Now in our Saints at Falcons Betting preview, we have the key matchups for this particular game:
- Jameis Winston is one of the most dangerous quarterbacks in the NFL, and A.J. Terrell is one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. This matchup features two of the top players in their respective positions. It’s possible that the outcome of this duel will determine who wins the game.
- Alvin Kamara and Deion Jones are two of the top players in their respective positions in the National Football League. Kamara is one of the best running backs in the NFL, and Jones is one of the best linebackers in the NFL. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
- Cordarrelle Patterson is one of the most versatile players in the NFL, and Marshon Lattimore is one of the greatest cornerbacks in the NFL. This matchup pits two of the league’s top players against one other. This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
The New Orleans Saints and the Atlanta Falcons are two of the most entertaining teams in the National Football League, and their showdown in Week 1 is set to be an exciting game for both teams. The Falcons are not out of it by any means, despite the fact that the Saints are slight favorites in this game. The game has the potential to turn into a shootout, and it will undoubtedly be one of the games that receives the most attention throughout the entire season.
A few additional things to keep a watch on
- The offensive line of the Saints: The offensive line of the Saints was a significant problem during the previous season; therefore, it will be intriguing to observe how they perform against the pass rush of the Falcons.
- The secondary of the Falcons: The Falcons’ secondary was another huge area of concern for them during the previous season, so it will be very fascinating to see how they fare against the high-powered attack of the Saints.
- Teams with special abilities: These teams have the potential to be the game-changing factor. Both teams have quality returners, and those players have the potential to make some game-changing plays in this contest.
This match is going to be really competitive, and it is one of the games that many are looking forward to watching the most this season. The Falcons are not out of it by any means, despite the fact that the Saints are slight favorites in this game. It promises to be an exciting battle, and there is no doubt that it will be one of the games that gets the most attention over the entire campaign.
Saints at Falcons Betting: Trends to keep an eye out for
Next, we have the key Saints at Falcons Betting trends:
After a bye week, the Saints have won four of their previous five games against the spread, posting a 4-1 record.
As an underdog in their previous four games, the Falcons have a record of 0-4 against the spread.
In the most recent five games played in Atlanta, the total has been exceeded in four of those games.
These patterns indicate that the Saints have a better chance of winning this game, and that there is a good chance that there will be a lot of scoring in this contest. It would be a mistake to write off the Falcons just because they are playing at home since they are a dangerous team.
Saints at Falcons Betting: New Orleans vs Atlanta History and Rivalry
Last but not least in our Saints at Falcons Betting preview, we have the history and rivalry between these two NFL teams.
Since the Atlanta Falcons joined the NFL in 1965, they have been foes with the New Orleans Saints. During the regular season, these two teams have played each other 106 times. The Saints lead the series 55-51. They have also played each other twice in the playoffs, and both times the Saints won.
When the Falcons joined the NFL as a new team in 1965, the rivalry began. Both teams were in the South, and they started to hate each other right away. The games between the Saints and the Falcons were often close and hard-fought, and the rivalry quickly became one of the most famous in the league.
In 1987, one of the most interesting games in the series took place. The Saints had won the NFC title the year before, and quarterback Archie Manning was in charge of them. The Falcons were a team that could have made the playoffs, and quarterback Steve Bartkowski was in charge of them. The game was close the whole time, and it came down to a field goal by the Saints in the last second. The Saints won 31–27, and they went on to win the NFC Championship Game.
In 2006, another famous game between the two teams was played. The Saints had just won the Super Bowl, and quarterback Drew Brees was in charge of them. The Falcons were a team that could have made the playoffs, and quarterback Matt Ryan led them. The game was close the whole time, and it came down to a field goal by the Falcons in the last second. The Falcons won the game 27–24, and then they went on to win the NFC Championship Game.
Over the years, the Saints and Falcons have played some great games, and the relationship is likely to last for many more years. There are passionate fans of both teams in both towns, which are just over 200 miles apart. The competition is known for being fierce, and every game between the two teams is a must-see.
Here are some of the most important games between the Saints and the Falcons
- The Saints and the Falcons play a thrilling game in 1987, which the Saints win 31–27.
- In 2006, the Falcons won the NFC Championship Game by beating the Saints 27-24 in a close game.
- In 2017, the Saints won the NFC South title by beating the Falcons in a close game, 23–20.
- The Falcons had won five straight games before the Saints beat them 27-24 in a close game in 2021.
- The Saints beat the Falcons 36-27 in a close game in 2022 to get into the playoffs.
The Saints and the Falcons are two of the most popular teams in the NFL, and their rivalry is one of the most heated in the game. Games between these two teams are always fun to watch, and that’s likely to stay true for many years to come.
But it’s important to remember that the rivalry between the Saints and the Falcons is not as intense as some of the other NFL rivals. Because the two teams haven’t played each other much in the playoffs in recent years. But the battle is still fierce, and it will only get worse in the years to come.
The Saints and the Falcons have played each other twice in the playoffs, as well as during the regular season. When they played each other for the first time, in the NFC Divisional Round of 1991, the Saints won 31-10. The second time they played was in the 2006 NFC Championship Game, which the Falcons won 27-24.
One of the best rivalries in the NFL is between the Saints and the Falcons. The two teams have been playing against each other for a long time, and their games have always been close and exciting. This will probably always be one of the most famous rivalries in the NFL.
Saints at Falcons Betting: Head to Head
Here is our head to head for our Saints at Falcons Betting preview:
|Dec 18, 2022||Falcons||@Saints||+5 / 43.5||Lost 18-21||Won / Under|
|Sep 11, 2022||Falcons||Saints||+5.5 / 44||Lost 26-27||Won / Over|
|Jan 9, 2022||Falcons||Saints||+4.5 / 40||Lost 20-30||Lost / Over|
|Nov 7, 2021||Falcons||@Saints||+6.5 / 43||Won 27-25||Won / Over|
|Dec 6, 2020||Falcons||Saints||+3 / 46||Lost 16-21||Lost / Under|
|Nov 22, 2020||Falcons||@Saints||+3.5 / 49.5||Lost 9-24||Lost / Under|
|Nov 28, 2019||Falcons||Saints||+7 / 48||Lost 18-26||Lost / Under|
|Nov 10, 2019||Falcons||@Saints||+14 / 51.5||Won 26-9||Won / Under|
|Nov 22, 2018||Falcons||@Saints||+12 / 61||Lost 17-31||Lost / Under|
|Sep 23, 2018||Falcons||Saints||-1.5 / 54||Lost 37-43||Lost / Over|
Saints at Falcons Betting preview for week 1 of the 2023-24 NFL season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: