Here is our Eagles at Lions Betting preview for this game that has been scheduled to take place during the first week of action of the 2023-24 NFL season.
Eagles at Lions Betting: NFL Week 1 Preview
The Philadelphia Eagles and the Detroit Lions are two of the most historic franchises in the National Football League. Because of this, the game between these two teams in Week 1 is consistently regarded as one of the most anticipated contests of the year. The Eagles are seeking to improve on their unsatisfactory 9-8 record from the previous season, while the Lions are hoping to improve on their 3-13 mark from the previous year. This game will likely come down to the wire because both teams are seeking to prove something to their respective fans and audiences.
Jalen Hurts, the quarterback for the Eagles, is coming off of a successful season and is the team’s leader. Hurts completed passes for 3,144 yards and scored 16 touchdowns. On the ground, he ran for 789 yards and scored 10 touchdowns. Additionally, the Eagles have a powerful running game, which is led by Miles Sanders.
Jared Goff, the quarterback for the Lions, is coming off of a poor season and the team is struggling. Although Goff passed for 3,054 yards and 19 touchdowns, he also had 10 interceptions in his pass attempts. D’Andre Swift is the one who leads the Lions’ powerful running game, which is another strength of this team.
This contest has the potential to be a defensive struggle with few points scored. Both clubs have solid defenses, and they should be able to put a damper on the offensive capabilities of the opposing squad. The Eagles are slight favorites, but there is no question that the Lions will be in the mix for this game.
Eagles at Lions Betting: Key matchups to watch in this game
Now in our Eagles at Lions Betting preview, let’s talk about the key matchups to watch out for in this particular game:
- Both Jalen Hurts and Jared Goff are considered to be among the most intriguing quarterbacks in the National Football League. It’s possible that the outcome of this duel will determine who wins the game.
- Both Miles Sanders and Amani Oruwariye are considered to be two of the most talented and youthful defensive backs and running backs in the National Football League (NFL). This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
- Both DeVonta Smith and Jeff Okudah are considered to be two of the most talented young wide receivers and cornerbacks in the National Football League (NFL). This duel has the potential to be a deciding factor in the game.
The Philadelphia Eagles and the Detroit Lions are two of the most entertaining teams in the National Football League, and their showdown in Week 1 is guaranteed to be an interesting game for both teams. The Eagles are slight favorites, but there is no question that the Lions will be in the mix for this game. The game has the potential to be a low-scoring affair, but it also has the ability to be a high-scoring affair if both offenses are humming. Depending on how the game plays out, either scenario is possible. It is almost certain to be one of the games that gets the most attention throughout the course of the season.
A few other things to keep an eye on in this game
- The Eagles’ defense: The Eagles’ defense was one of the best in the NFL in the previous season, and they will aim to bring that momentum into this season in the hopes of continuing their success from the previous year.
- The defense of the Lions: The defense of the Lions has a lot of promise, but in order to win this game, they will need to be consistent.
- Teams with special abilities: These teams have the potential to be the game-changing factor. Both teams have quality returners, and those players have the potential to make some game-changing plays in this contest.
This match is going to be really competitive, and it is one of the games that many are looking forward to watching the most this season. The Eagles are slight favorites, but there is no question that the Lions will be in the mix for this game. It promises to be an exciting battle, and there is no doubt that it will be one of the games that gets the most attention over the entire campaign.
Eagles at Lions Betting: Trends to watch for
Next, we have the most important Eagles at Lions Betting trends:
- In their last four contests versus the Lions, the Eagles have posted a record of 3-1 against the spread.
- The Lions’ record against the spread in their last seven games played at home is 2-5.
- In the last five games played in Philadelphia, the total has been under in four of those games.
These patterns indicate that the Eagles have a better chance of winning this game, and that there is a possibility that there will not be a lot of scoring in this contest. On the other hand, the Lions are a dangerous squad when they play at home, and you shouldn’t take them lightly.
Eagles at Lions Betting: Philadelphia vs Detroit History and Rivalry
Now in our Eagles at Lions Betting preview, we have the history and rivalry between these two professional American football franchises.
Since the Detroit Lions joined the NFL in 1930, they have been foes with the Philadelphia Eagles. Both sides have played each other 121 times during the regular season, and the Eagles have won 65 of those games. They have also played each other twice in the playoffs, and both times the Eagles won.
When the Lions joined the NFL as a new team in 1930, the competition began. The two teams were both in the Midwest, and they started to hate each other right away. The Eagles and the Lions often played close, hard-fought games, and the rivalry between the two teams quickly became one of the most famous in the NFL.
In 1957, one of the rivalry’s most famous games took place. The Eagles were the NFL winners from the year before, and quarterback Norm Van Brocklin was in charge of them. The Lions had a chance to make the playoffs, and quarterback Bobby Layne was in charge of the team. The game was close the whole time, and it came down to a field goal by the Eagles in the last second. The Eagles won the game 17-16, and then they went on to win the NFL Championship Game.
In 1991, there was another great game between these two teams. The Eagles had won the NFC East title the year before, and quarterback Randall Cunningham was in charge of them. The Lions had a chance to make the playoffs, and quarterback Erik Kramer was in charge of them. The game was close the whole time, and it came down to a field goal by the Eagles in the last second. The Eagles won the game 19–17, and they went on to win the NFC East championship.
Over the years, the Eagles and Lions have played some great games, and the relationship is likely to last for many more years. There are passionate fans of both teams in both towns, which are about 700 miles apart. The competition is known for being fierce, and every game between the two teams is a must-see.
Here are some of the most important games between the Eagles and the Lions
- The Eagles and the Lions play a thrilling game in 1957, and the Eagles win 17-16.
- The Eagles won the NFC East title in 1991 by beating the Lions in a close game, 19–17.
- The Eagles beat the Lions 24-23 in a close game in 2017 to make the playoffs.
- The Eagles beat the Lions 35-31 in a close game in 2021, ending the Lions’ streak of losing games.
- The Eagles won the NFC East title in 2022 by beating the Lions in a close game, 31–26.
The Eagles and Lions are two of the most popular teams in the NFL, and their rivalry is one of the most heated in the game. Games between these two teams are always fun to watch, and that’s likely to stay true for many years to come.
But it’s important to remember that the rivalry between the Eagles and the Lions is not as intense as some of the other NFL rivals. Because the two teams haven’t played each other much in the playoffs in recent years. But the battle is still fierce, and it will only get worse in the years to come.
The Eagles and Lions have played each other twice in the playoffs, as well as during the regular season. The first time they played each other was in the 1947 NFL Championship Game, which the Eagles won 7-0. When they played again, in the NFC Divisional Round of 1991, the Eagles won 31–27.
One of the best rivalries in the NFL is between the Eagles and the Lions. The two teams have been playing against each other for a long time, and their games have always been close and exciting. This will probably always be one of the most famous rivalries in the NFL.
Eagles at Lions Betting: Head to Head
Head to head for our Eagles at Lions Betting preview:
|Sep 11, 2022||Eagles||@Lions||-5.5 / 48.5||Won 38-35||Lost / Over|
|Oct 31, 2021||Eagles||@Lions||-3.5 / 48.5||Won 44-6||Won / Over|
|Sep 22, 2019||Eagles||Lions||-5.5 / 45||Lost 24-27||Lost / Over|
|Oct 9, 2016||Eagles||@Lions||-3.5 / 46||Lost 23-24||Lost / Over|
|Nov 26, 2015||Eagles||@Lions||-3 / 47||Lost 14-45||Lost / Over|
|Dec 8, 2013||Eagles||Lions||+2.5 / 52||Won 34-20||Won / Over|
|Sep 19, 2010||Eagles||@Lions||-7 / 41.5||Won 35-32||Lost / Over|
|Sep 23, 2007||Eagles||Lions||+5.5 / 44||Won 56-21||Won / Over|
|Sep 26, 2004||Eagles||@Lions||-4.5 / 44||Won 30-13||Won / Under|
Eagles at Lions Betting preview for week 1 of the 2023-24 season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: