Cardinals at Raiders Betting preview for the second week of action of the 2023 NFL season.
Cardinals at Raiders Betting: NFL Week 2 Preview
The Week 2 battle between the Arizona Cardinals and the Las Vegas Raiders, two of the NFL’s most thrilling teams, is expected to be a high-scoring affair. Despite having a lot of talented players that are anticipated to have an effect, the Cardinals are coming off a poor 4-13 campaign in 2022. The Raiders just completed a successful 6-11 campaign.
The over/under in this game has been set at 50 points, and the Cardinals are favored by 3 points. In their last 18 games, the Cardinals have been a strong club against the spread, finishing 11-6-1 ATS. The Raiders, on the other hand, have had a mixed ATS record over their last 17 contests, going 7-10 ATS.
Cardinals at Raiders Betting Odds
The Cardinals at Raiders Betting odds are still not available:
- Arizona Cardinals N/A
- Las Vegas Raiders N/A
- Total: N/A Over/Under
Cardinals at Raiders Betting: Trends to watch for this game
Now in this Cardinals at Raiders Betting preview, let’s talk about the wagering trends that can help analyze the game in a better way and get an edge when getting your action:
- In their previous 4 games against the Raiders, the Cardinals are 3-1 ATS.
- In their previous 8 away games, the Cardinals have a 6-2 ATS record.
- In their last 5 games after a loss, the Raiders have a 2-3 ATS record.
- In 6 of the Cardinals’ last 7 games against the Raiders, the total has been exceeded.
On paper, the Cardinals appear to be the superior club, but the Raiders have the home-field advantage and are always a threat when their running game is in full swing. I anticipate a competitive game, and I’m picking the Cardinals to win and cover the spread.
Cardinals at Raiders Betting: Top wagers for this game
Next in our Cardinals at Raiders Betting preview, we are talking about a couple of suggested wagering lines for this particular game:
- Cardinals betting odds (-115)
- Over 50 points
The Cardinals, in my opinion, are a solid value on the moneyline and stand a strong chance of covering the spread. Given that both of these teams are capable of scoring a lot of points, the over is also a wise wager.
Please be aware that there is no assurance that my forecasts will come true; they are merely my opinions. Sports betting is always a risk, therefore you should never wager more money than you can afford to lose.
Some of the major players in this game to keep an eye on are listed below:
- Kyler Murray, quarterback for the Cardinals: Murray, one of the NFL’s most promising young quarterbacks, will try to lead the Cardinals to victory.
- QB Derek Carr of the Raiders One of the NFL’s most gifted quarterbacks, Carr, will make his NFL debut in 2022 after suffering a season-ending injury the previous year.
- Hopkins, one of the top receivers in the NFL and a member of the Cardinals, will be a key target for Murray.
- One of the top receivers in the NFL is Hunter Renfrow, WR, Raiders, and he will be a key target for Carr.
The Cardinals will need to play their best football in order to win this game, but they do have a good opportunity to accomplish so. The Raiders are a risky squad and will be challenging to defeat. The Cardinals will have a solid opportunity to win if they can establish their ground game and contain Carr.
The following are some crucial things to look out for in this game:
- The offensive line for the Cardinals: Murray will need to be well-protected by the Cardinals’ offensive line, particularly from the Raiders’ pass rush.
- The running game of the Raiders: One of the greatest in the NFL, the Raiders’ rushing attack must get going if they are to control the clock and keep the Cardinals’ offense off the field.
- The Cardinals’ defense, which ranks among the best in the NFL, must perform well in order to contain the Raiders’ attack.
I can’t wait to watch who wins since I know it will be a close and thrilling game.
Cardinals at Raiders Betting: Arizona vs Las Vegas History and Rivalry
Now in our Cardinals at Raiders Betting preview, it’s time to analyze the history and rivalry between these two NFL franchises.
The Arizona Cardinals and Las Vegas Raiders have a relatively short history of rivalry, as the two teams have only been playing each other since 1994. However, the rivalry has quickly become one of the most intense in the NFL.
The Cardinals and Raiders have met 11 times in the regular season, with the Cardinals winning 5 games and the Raiders winning 6 games. The two teams have also met once in the playoffs, with the Raiders winning 30-27 in the 1998 AFC Wild Card Game.
The rivalry between the Cardinals and Raiders is fueled by a number of factors. First, the two teams are located in neighboring states, with the Cardinals in Arizona and the Raiders in Nevada. This proximity has led to a number of heated games between the two teams, as fans from both sides travel to the games in large numbers.
Second, the two teams have a number of star players who have helped to fuel the rivalry. In recent years, the Cardinals have been led by quarterback Kyler Murray and wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, while the Raiders have been led by quarterback Derek Carr and wide receiver Davante Adams. These matchups between two of the NFL’s most talented offenses have helped to make the games between the Cardinals and Raiders some of the most exciting in the league.
Finally, the rivalry between the Cardinals and Raiders has been further fueled by a number of controversial plays and incidents. In 2017, the Cardinals and Raiders were involved in a brawl after a game that resulted in multiple suspensions. In 2020, the Raiders were penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct after their players taunted the Cardinals after a touchdown. These incidents have only served to further inflame the rivalry between the two teams.
The Arizona Cardinals and Las Vegas Raiders rivalry is one of the most intense in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always close and exciting, and the rivalry is sure to continue for many years to come.
Here are some of the most memorable games in the Cardinals-Raiders rivalry:
- 1998 AFC Wild Card Game: The Raiders defeated the Cardinals 30-27 in a close and controversial game. The Raiders won the game on a field goal with just seconds remaining.
- 2017 Brawl: The Cardinals and Raiders were involved in a brawl after a game that resulted in multiple suspensions. The brawl started after a late hit by a Raiders player on Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer.
- 2020 Taunting Incident: The Raiders were penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct after their players taunted the Cardinals after a touchdown. The incident occurred after the Raiders scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter of a close game.
The Cardinals-Raiders rivalry is one of the most popular rivalries in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always well-attended, and the television ratings for the games are always high. The rivalry is also a major economic driver for both cities. The games between the two teams generate millions of dollars in revenue for the teams, the cities, and the state of Nevada.
The Cardinals-Raiders rivalry is a true classic. It is a rivalry that is steeped in history and tradition, and it is a rivalry that is sure to continue for many years to come.
Cardinals at Raiders Betting: Head to Head
Now in this Cardinals at Raiders Betting preview, we have the head to head:
|Nov 18, 2018||Cardinals||Raiders||-4.5 / 41||Lost 21-23||Lost / Over|
|Oct 19, 2014||Cardinals||@Raiders||-3.5 / 44||Won 24-13||Won / Under|
|Sep 26, 2010||Cardinals||Raiders||+5 / 39.5||Won 24-23||Won / Over|
|Oct 22, 2006||Cardinals||@Raiders||-3 / 39||Lost 9-22||Lost / Under|
|Nov 24, 2002||Cardinals||Raiders||+8 / 44||Lost 20-41||Lost / Over|
|Oct 4, 1998||Cardinals||Raiders||+2.5 / 42.5||Lost 20-23||Lost / Over|
Cardinals at Raiders Betting preview for Week 2 of the 2023 NFL season, brought to you by YouWager.lv.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: