Here is our Falcons at Rams Betting preview, for this game that is set to take place during the second week of action of the 2023 NFL season.
Falcons at Rams Betting: NFL Week 2 Preview
The Week 2 showdown between the Atlanta Falcons and the Los Angeles Rams, two of the NFL’s most intriguing teams, is expected to be a high-scoring contest. The Falcons had a poor 7-10 season in 2022, but they now have Arthur Smith as their new head coach and a number of talented players who are anticipated to have an effect. The Rams just finished a depressing 5-12 campaign.
The over/under in this game has been set at 50 points, with the Rams receiving a 3-point advantage. The Rams have a solid recent record against the spread, going 11-6-1 ATS in their last 18 contests. The Falcons, on the other hand, have had a mixed ATS record over their last 17 contests, going 7-10 ATS.
Falcons at Rams Betting: Trends to watch for this game
Now in this Falcons at Rams Betting preview, let’s talk about the key trends to focus on when getting your action on this game:
- In their previous 4 games versus the Falcons, the Rams are 3-1 ATS.
- In their last 8 home games, the Rams are 6-2 ATS.
- In their last 5 games after a loss, the Falcons have a 2-3 ATS record.
- In 6 of the Rams’ last 7 games versus the Falcons, the total has been exceeded.
On paper, the Rams appear to be the superior team, but the Falcons have the home-field advantage and are always a threat when their running game is on. I anticipate a competitive game, and I’m betting on the Rams to win and cover the spread.
Falcons at Rams Betting: Top wagers for this game
On this Falcons at Rams Betting preview, we are also offering you a couple of great wagering alternatives for the game:
- Rams betting odds (-115)
- Over 50 points
The Rams, in my opinion, are a solid value on the moneyline and stand a strong chance of covering the spread. Given that both of these teams are capable of scoring a lot of points, the over is also a wise wager.
Please be aware that there is no assurance that my forecasts will come true; they are merely my opinions. Sports betting is always a risk, therefore you should never wager more money than you can afford to lose.
Some of the major players in this game to keep an eye on are listed below:
- Marcus Mariota, quarterback, Falcons: Mariota, one of the NFL’s most seasoned quarterbacks, will try to lead the Falcons to victory.
- One of the most talented young quarterbacks in the NFL, John Wolford of the Rams, will be making his NFL debut.
- One of the top receivers in the NFL is Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley, and Mariota will use him as a key target.
- Cooper Kupp, WR, Rams: Wolford will frequently target Kupp because he’s one of the league’s top receivers.
The Falcons will need to play their best football if they want to win this game, but they do have a solid opportunity to accomplish so. The Rams are a formidable team that will be challenging to defeat. The Falcons will have a good opportunity to win if they can establish their rushing attack and contain Wolford.
The following are some crucial things to look out for in this game:
- The offensive line of the Falcons: Mariota will need to be well-protected by the Falcons’ offensive line, particularly from the Rams’ pass rush.
- Rams’ running strategy: One of the greatest in the NFL, the Rams’ rushing attack must get rolling if they are to control the clock and keep the Falcons’ offense off the field.
- One of the greatest in the NFL, the Falcons’ defense will need to perform well in order to contain the Rams’ attack.
I can’t wait to watch who wins since I know it will be a close and thrilling game.
Falcons at Rams Betting: Atlanta vs Los Angeles History and Rivalry
Last but not least in our Falcons at Rams Betting preview, we have the history and rivalry between these two pro-American football franchises.
One of the fiercest battles in the NFL is between the Atlanta Falcons and the Los Angeles Rams. Since 1966, the two teams have been rivals, and the competition has only gotten stronger over time.
The Falcons and Rams have played each other 75 times in the regular season, and the Falcons have won 39 of those games. Both teams have also played each other twice in the playoffs, both times with the Falcons coming out on top.
There are a lot of things that make the Falcons and Rams hate each other. First, the Falcons are in Georgia and the Rams are in California. This means that the two teams are in states that are close to each other. There have been some heated games between the two teams because of how close they are to each other. Fans from both teams come to the games in big numbers.
Second, there are a lot of great players on both teams, which has helped make them rivals. In the past few years, quarterback Matt Ryan and wide receiver Julio Jones have led the Falcons, while quarterback Jared Goff and wide receiver Cooper Kupp have led the Rams. The Falcons and Rams have two of the most talented teams in the NFL, so their games are some of the most exciting in the league.
Lastly, a number of controversial plays and events have made the Falcons and Rams hate each other even more. In 2017, the Falcons beat the Rams 42-14 in a game where the refs made a questionable call. In 2022, the Rams beat the Falcons 34–24 in a controversial game where the Falcons were called for late hits on the Rams quarterback, Matthew Stafford.
The competition between the Atlanta Falcons and the Los Angeles Rams is one of the fiercest in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always close and exciting, and the rivalry is likely to last for many years to come.
Here are some of the most important games in the rivalry between the Falcons and the Rams:
- In 1998, the NFC Championship Game was between the Falcons and the Rams. The Falcons won 30-27. The game took place in Atlanta, and the Falcons won with a field goal by Morten Andersen in the last second of the game.
- In 2004, the NFC Divisional Round was won by the Falcons, 34-24, over the Rams. The game took place in St. Louis, and the Falcons won when Matt Ryan threw a touchdown pass to Michael Vick in the last second of the game.
- In 2017, the Falcons beat the Rams 42-14 in a game where the officials made a controversial call. In the second quarter, when the Falcons were trying to score a touchdown, the call was made. The refs said that Falcons receiver Julio Jones caught a pass in the end zone, but a video showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The ball was given to the Rams, and they scored a touchdown to go ahead.
- In 2022, the Rams beat the Falcons 34–24, but the game was also controversial. A few of the Falcons’ late hits on Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford got them in trouble. In the fourth quarter, Falcons safety Ricardo Allen was called for a penalty after he hit Stafford late and knocked him out of the game. This was the most important mistake. Because of the mistake, the Rams were able to score a touchdown and take the lead.
One of the most well-known rivals in the NFL is between the Falcons and the Rams. When the two teams play, there are always a lot of people there, and the games are always watched by a lot of people on TV. Both towns also do a lot of business because of the rivalry. The teams, the towns, and the state of California all make a lot of money from the games between the two teams.
The battle between the Falcons and the Rams is a classic. It is a rivalry that has been going on for a long time and has a lot of history and culture behind it.
Falcons at Rams Betting: Head to Head
Now in this Falcons at Rams Betting preview, let’s analyze the head-to-head data:
|Sep 18, 2022||Falcons||@Rams||+10.5 / 46||Lost 27-31||Won / Over|
|Oct 20, 2019||Falcons||Rams||+3 / 55||Lost 10-37||Lost / Under|
|Jan 6, 2018||Falcons||@Rams||+6 / 48||Won 26-13||Won / Under|
|Dec 11, 2016||Falcons||@Rams||-5 / 44||Won 42-14||Won / Over|
|Sep 15, 2013||Falcons||Rams||+4.5 / 47.5||Won 31-24||Won / Over|
|Nov 21, 2010||Falcons||@Rams||-3.5 / 43||Won 34-17||Won / Over|
|Dec 28, 2008||Falcons||Rams||+14 / 44||Won 31-27||Won / Over|
|Dec 2, 2007||Falcons||@Rams||-3 / 40.5||Lost 16-28||Lost / Over|
|Jan 15, 2005||Falcons||Rams||+7 / 48.5||Won 47-17||Won / Over|
|Sep 19, 2004||Falcons||Rams||+2 / 46.5||Won 34-17||Won / Over|
Falcons at Rams Betting preview for week 2 of the 2023 NFL season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: