Bengals at Cowboys Betting preview for this game that is set to take place during the second week of action of the 2023 NFL season.
Bengals at Cowboys Betting: NFL Week 2 Preview
The Week 2 showdown between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Dallas Cowboys, two of the NFL’s most thrilling teams, is expected to be a high-scoring affair. The Bengals had a terrible 10-7 season in 2022, but they now have Zac Taylor as their new head coach and a lot of talented players who are expected to have an impact. The Cowboys, who had completed a successful 12-5 campaign, lost quarterback Dak Prescott to injury in Week 1.
The over/under in this game has been set at 50 points, and the Cowboys are favored by 3 points. In their last 18 games, the Cowboys have been a strong club against the spread, finishing 11-6-1 ATS. The Bengals, on the other hand, have had a mixed ATS record over their last 17 contests, going 7-10 ATS.
Bengals at Cowboys Betting: Trends to watch for this game
Now, let’s analyze a few wagering trends that can come in handy when selecting the best Bengals at Cowboys Betting opportunities:
- In their previous 4 games against the Bengals, the Cowboys are 3-1 ATS.
- In their last 8 home games, the Cowboys are 6-2 against the spread.
- In their previous 5 games after a loss, the Bengals have a 2-3 ATS record.
- In 6 of the Cowboys’ last 7 games against the Bengals, the total has been exceeded.
On paper, the Cowboys appear to be the superior team, but the Bengals have the home-field advantage and are always a threat when their running game is on. I anticipate a competitive game, and I’m betting on the Cowboys to win and cover the spread.
Bengals at Cowboys Betting: Top wagers for this game
Next in this Bengals at Cowboys Betting preview, we are providing a couple of wagering selections for the game:
- Cowboys betting odds (-115)
- Over 50 points
The Cowboys, in my opinion, are a fantastic value on the moneyline and have a strong chance of covering the spread. Given that both of these teams are capable of scoring a lot of points, the over is also a wise wager.
Please be aware that there is no assurance that my forecasts will come true; they are merely my opinions. Sports betting is always a risk, therefore you should never wager more money than you can afford to lose.
Some of the major players in this game to keep an eye on are listed below:
- Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, one of the league’s most promising young quarterbacks, will try to lead his team to victory.
- Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott: One of the top quarterbacks in the NFL, Prescott, who was sidelined for the whole 2022 season, will make his NFL debut.
- Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase is one of the greatest in the NFL, and Burrow will use him as a primary target.
- One of the top receivers in the NFL is Cowboys wide receiver CeeDee Lamb, and Prescott will use him as a primary target.
The Bengals will need to play their best football if they want to win this game, but they do have a solid chance to do so. It won’t be simple to defeat the Cowboys because they are a dangerous team. The Bengals will have a solid opportunity to win if they can establish their ground game and contain Prescott.
The following are some crucial things to look out for in this game:
- The offensive line of the Bengals: Burrow will need to be well-protected by the Bengals’ offensive line, especially from the Cowboys’ pass rush.
- The Cowboys’ running game: One of the greatest in the NFL, the Cowboys’ running game must be in full swing if they are to manage the clock and keep the Bengals’ offense off the field.
- Defense of the Bengals: The Bengals’ defense, which ranks among the best in the NFL, will need to perform well in order to contain the Cowboys’ attack.
I can’t wait to watch who wins since I know it will be a close and thrilling game.
Bengals at Cowboys Betting: Cincinnati vs Dallas History and Rivalry
Last but not least in our Bengals at Cowboys Betting preview, we are going to analyze the rivalry and history of these two franchises.
The Cincinnati Bengals and Dallas Cowboys have a long and storied history, dating back to the first time the two teams met in 1970. The rivalry has been relatively one-sided, with the Cowboys holding a 10-4 advantage in the all-time series. However, the Bengals have won two of the last three meetings, including a 23-20 victory in the 2022 NFL Wild Card Round.
The rivalry between the Bengals and Cowboys is fueled by a number of factors. First, the two teams are located in neighboring states, with the Bengals in Ohio and the Cowboys in Texas. This proximity has led to a number of heated games between the two teams, as fans from both sides travel to the games in large numbers.
Second, the two teams have a number of star players who have helped to fuel the rivalry. In recent years, the Bengals have been led by quarterback Joe Burrow and wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, while the Cowboys have been led by quarterback Dak Prescott and wide receiver Amari Cooper. These matchups between two of the NFL’s most talented offenses have helped to make the games between the Bengals and Cowboys some of the most exciting in the league.
Finally, the rivalry between the Bengals and Cowboys has been further fueled by a number of controversial plays and incidents. In 1976, the Cowboys defeated the Bengals 51-7 in a game that was marred by a number of questionable calls by the referees. In 2007, the Bengals defeated the Cowboys 31-22 in a game that was also marred by controversy, as the Cowboys were penalized for a number of late hits on Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer.
The Cincinnati Bengals and Dallas Cowboys rivalry is one of the most intense in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always close and exciting, and the rivalry is sure to continue for many years to come.
Here are some of the most memorable games in the Bengals-Cowboys rivalry:
- 1976: The Cowboys defeated the Bengals 51-7 in a game that was marred by a number of questionable calls by the referees.
- 1988: The Bengals defeated the Cowboys 27-7 in a game that was played in a blizzard.
- 2007: The Bengals defeated the Cowboys 31-22 in a game that was also marred by controversy, as the Cowboys were penalized for a number of late hits on Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer.
- 2022: The Bengals defeated the Cowboys 23-20 in the 2022 NFL Wild Card Round.
The Bengals-Cowboys rivalry is one of the most popular rivalries in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always well-attended, and the television ratings for the games are always high. The rivalry is also a major economic driver for both cities. The games between the two teams generate millions of dollars in revenue for the teams, the cities, and the state of Texas.
The Bengals-Cowboys rivalry is a true classic. It is a rivalry that is steeped in history and tradition, and it is a rivalry that is sure to continue for many years to come.
Bengals at Cowboys Betting: Head to Head
Now in this Bengals at Cowboys Betting preview, we have the head-to-head.
|Sep 18, 2022||Bengals||@Cowboys||-7 / 42||Lost 17-20||Lost / Under|
|Dec 13, 2020||Bengals||Cowboys||+3 / 43.5||Lost 7-30||Lost / Under|
|Oct 9, 2016||Bengals||@Cowboys||-2.5 / 45.5||Lost 14-28||Lost / Under|
|Dec 9, 2012||Bengals||Cowboys||+3 / 46||Lost 19-20||Won / Under|
|Oct 5, 2008||Bengals||@Cowboys||-16 / 45||Lost 22-31||Lost / Over|
|Nov 7, 2004||Bengals||Cowboys||+1.5 / 43.5||Won 26-3||Won / Under|
|Nov 12, 2000||Bengals||@Cowboys||-7 / 39||Lost 6-23||Lost / Under|
|Dec 14, 1997||Bengals||Cowboys||+5.5 / 42||Won 31-24||Won / Over|
|Oct 30, 1994||Bengals||Cowboys||+15.5 / 36||Lost 20-23||Won / Over|
|Oct 13, 1991||Bengals||@Cowboys||-6 / 39.5||Lost 23-35||Lost / Over|
Bengals at Cowboys Betting preview for NFL week 2, brought to you by YouWager.lv.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: