Colts at Jaguars Betting preview for this game that is set for the second week of action of the 2023/24 NFL season.
Colts at Jaguars Betting: NFL Week 2 Preview
The Week 2 showdown between the Indianapolis Colts and the Jacksonville Jaguars, two of the NFL’s most intriguing teams, is expected to be a high-scoring contest. The Colts had a dismal 4-12 record in 2022, but they now have Frank Reich as their new head coach and a number of young players who are expected to have an effect. The Jaguars had a 9-8 season last year, but Doug Pederson is their new head coach, and they have a number of young players who are anticipated to have an impact.
In this game, the Colts are given a 7-point advantage, and 48 total points are predicted to be scored. The Colts have a solid recent record against the spread, finishing 11-6-1 ATS in their last 18 contests. The Jaguars, on the other hand, have had a mixed ATS record over their last 17 contests, going 7-10 ATS.
Colts at Jaguars Betting trends to watch for this game
Now in this Colts at Jaguars Betting preview, we have the best trends that can help you determine the best wagering choices:
- In their previous 4 games against the Jaguars, the Colts are 3-1 ATS.
- In their last 8 road games, the Colts are 6-2 ATS.
- In their last 5 games after a loss, the Jaguars have a 2-3 ATS record.
- In 6 of the Colts’ last 7 games against the Jaguars, the total has been exceeded.
On paper, the Colts appear to be the superior club, but the Jaguars have the home-field advantage and are always a threat when their running game is on. I predict a competitive game and am inclined to pick the Colts to win and cover the bet.
Colts at Jaguars Betting: Top wagers for this game
Here are the recommended Colts at Jaguars Betting choices:
- Colts betting odds (-115)
- Colts -7
- Over 48 points
The Colts, in my opinion, offer terrific value on the moneyline and stand a strong chance of covering the spread. Given that both of these teams are capable of scoring a lot of points, the over is also a wise wager.
Please be aware that there is no assurance that my forecasts will come true; they are merely my opinions. Sports betting is always a risk, therefore you should never wager more money than you can afford to lose.
Some of the major players in this game to keep an eye on are listed below:
- One of the most seasoned quarterbacks in the NFL is Matt Ryan, who will be tasked with leading the Colts to victory.
- One of the NFL’s most promising young quarterbacks, Trevor Lawrence of the Jaguars, will try to help his team pull off a comeback victory.
- One of the top receivers in the NFL is Colts wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr. Pittman will be a key target for Ryan.
- Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Jaguars: Shenault is one of the NFL’s top receivers, and Lawrence will use him as a primary target.
The Colts will need to play their best football if they want to win this game, but they do have a solid chance to accomplish so. The Jaguars are a risky team and will be challenging to defeat. The Colts will have a decent opportunity to win if they can establish their rushing attack and contain Lawrence.
The following are some crucial things to look out for in this game:
- The offensive line of the Colts: Ryan will need to be well-protected by the Colts’ offensive line, especially from the Jaguars’ pass rush.
- The running game of the Jaguars: One of the greatest in the NFL, the Jaguars’ rushing attack must get rolling if they are to control the clock and keep the Colts’ offense off the field.
- Defense of the Colts: The Colts’ defense, which ranks among the best in the NFL, must perform well in order to contain the Jaguars’ attack.
I can’t wait to watch who wins since I know it will be a close and thrilling game.
Colts at Jaguars Betting: Indianapolis vs Jacksonville History and Rivalry
The Indianapolis Colts and Jacksonville Jaguars have one of the most heated rivalries in the NFL. The two teams have been playing each other since 1995, when the Jaguars joined the league as an expansion team. The rivalry has only grown stronger over the years, as the two teams have met in the playoffs four times, with the Colts winning three of the games.
The Colts and Jaguars have met 98 times in the regular season, with the Colts holding a 62-36 advantage in the series. The two teams have also met four times in the playoffs, with the Colts winning three of the games.
The rivalry between the Colts and Jaguars is fueled by a number of factors. First, the two teams are located in neighboring states, with the Colts in Indiana and the Jaguars in Florida. This proximity has led to a number of heated games between the two teams, as fans from both sides travel to the games in large numbers.
Second, the two teams have a number of star players who have helped to fuel the rivalry. In recent years, the Colts have been led by quarterback Andrew Luck and wide receiver T.Y. Hilton, while the Jaguars have been led by quarterback Blake Bortles and wide receiver Allen Robinson. These matchups between two of the NFL’s most talented offenses have helped to make the games between the Colts and Jaguars some of the most exciting in the league.
Finally, the rivalry between the Colts and Jaguars has been further fueled by a number of controversial plays and incidents. In 2006, the Jaguars defeated the Colts 20-17 in a game that was marred by a controversial call by the referees. The call came in the fourth quarter, when the Colts were driving for a potential game-winning touchdown. The referees ruled that Colts receiver Marvin Harrison had caught a pass in the end zone, but the replay showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The Jaguars were awarded the ball, and they were able to run out the clock to secure the victory.
The Indianapolis Colts and Jacksonville Jaguars rivalry is one of the most intense in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always close and exciting, and the rivalry is sure to continue for many years to come.
Here are some of the most memorable games in the Colts-Jaguars rivalry:
- 1995: The Jaguars defeated the Colts 30-27 in the first-ever game between the two teams. The game was played in Jacksonville, and the Jaguars won on a last-second field goal by Mike Hollis.
- 2006: The Jaguars defeated the Colts 20-17 in a game that was marred by a controversial call by the referees. The call came in the fourth quarter, when the Colts were driving for a potential game-winning touchdown. The referees ruled that Colts receiver Marvin Harrison had caught a pass in the end zone, but the replay showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The Jaguars were awarded the ball, and they were able to run out the clock to secure the victory.
- 2017: The Colts defeated the Jaguars 29-17 in the AFC Divisional Round. The game was played in Indianapolis, and the Colts won on a touchdown pass from Andrew Luck to T.Y. Hilton with just seconds remaining.
The Colts-Jaguars rivalry is one of the most popular rivalries in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always well-attended, and the television ratings for the games are always high. The rivalry is also a major economic driver for both cities. The games between the two teams generate millions of dollars in revenue for the teams, the cities, and the state of Florida.
The Colts-Jaguars rivalry is a true classic. It is a rivalry that is steeped in history and tradition, and it is a rivalry that is sure to continue for many years to come.
Colts at Jaguars Betting: Head to Head
Head to head information for this Colts at Jaguars Betting preview:
|Oct 16, 2022
|-1.5 / 40.5
|Won / Over
|Sep 18, 2022
|-3 / 43.5
|Lost / Under
|Jan 9, 2022
|-14 / 43.5
|Lost / Under
|Nov 14, 2021
|-10 / 48
|Lost / Under
|Jan 3, 2021
|-15.5 / 48.5
|Lost / Under
|Sep 13, 2020
|-7.5 / 44.5
|Lost / Over
|Dec 29, 2019
|-4.5 / 41.5
|Lost / Over
|Nov 17, 2019
|-2.5 / 41.5
|Won / Over
|Dec 2, 2018
|-4 / 45.5
|Lost / Under
|Nov 11, 2018
|-3 / 48
|Push / Over
Colts at Jaguars Betting preview for week 2 of the 2023-24 NFL season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: