Here is our Vikings at Eagles Betting preview for this 2023 NFL week 2 game.
NFL Week 2: Vikings at Eagles Betting Preview
The Week 2 showdown between the Minnesota Vikings and the Philadelphia Eagles, two of the NFL’s most thrilling teams, is expected to be a high-scoring affair. The Vikings had a 13-4 record in 2022, but they now have Kevin O’Connell as their new head coach and several young players who are expected to have an effect. The Eagles just completed a successful 14-3 season.
The over/under in this game has been set at 50 points, with the Eagles receiving a 3-point advantage. The Eagles have a solid recent record against the spread, finishing 11-6-1 ATS in their last 18 contests. The Vikings, on the other hand, have had a mixed ATS record over their last 17 contests, going 7-10 ATS.
Vikings at Eagles Betting Odds
The Vikings at Eagles Betting Odds are still not available.
- Minnesota Vikings: N/A
- Philadelphia Eagles: N/A
- Total: N/A Over/Under
Vikings at Eagles Betting: Trends to watch for this game
Now in our Vikings at Eagles Betting preview, let’s analyze the different trends for this particular game.
- In their last 4 games against the Vikings, the Eagles are 3-1 ATS.
- In their last 8 home games, the Eagles are 6-2 against the spread.
- In their last 5 games after a loss, the Vikings have a 2-3 ATS record.
- In six of the Eagles’ last seven games against the Vikings, the total has been exceeded.
On paper, the Eagles appear to be the superior team, but the Vikings have the home-field advantage and are always a threat when their running game is in full swing. I anticipate a competitive game, and I’m picking the Eagles to cover the spread.
Vikings at Eagles Betting: Top wagers for this game
Next in our Vikings at Eagles Betting preview, we have the top bets for the game.
- Eagles betting odds (-115)
- Over 50 points
The Eagles, in my opinion, offer terrific value on the moneyline and stand a strong chance of covering the spread. Given that both of these teams are capable of scoring a lot of points, the over is also a wise wager.
Please be aware that there is no assurance that my forecasts will come true; they are merely my opinions. Sports betting is always a risk, therefore you should never wager more money than you can afford to lose.
Vikings at Eagles Betting: Major players in this game to keep an eye on are listed below
It’s time in our Vikings at Eagles Betting preview to check out the major players for this particular game.
- Kirk Cousins, quarterback, Vikings: Cousins, one of the NFL’s most seasoned quarterbacks, will try to lead the Vikings to victory.
- Gardner Minshew, QB, Eagles: After being acquired in a trade from the Jacksonville Jaguars, Minshew, one of the league’s most promising young quarterbacks, will make his NFL debut.
- One of the top receivers in the NFL is Justin Jefferson of the Vikings, and Cousins will use him as a primary target.
- One of the top receivers in the NFL, A.J. Brown of the Eagles will be a key target for Minshew.
The Vikings will need to play their best football if they want to win this game, but they do have a solid opportunity to do so. The Eagles are a risky squad and will be challenging to defeat. The Vikings will have a decent opportunity to win if they can develop their running game and contain Minshew.
The following are some crucial things to look out for in this game:
- The offensive line of the Vikings will need to do an excellent job of protecting Cousins, especially from the pass rush of the Eagles.
- One of the greatest in the NFL, the Eagles’ running game must be in full swing if they are to manage the clock and keep the Vikings’ offense off the field.
- One of the greatest in the NFL, the Vikings’ defense will need to perform well in order to contain the Eagles’ attack.
I can’t wait to watch who wins since I know it will be a close and thrilling game.
Vikings at Eagles Betting: Minnesota vs Philadelphia History and Rivalry
Before considering Vikings at Eagles Betting, it’s also important to analyze the history and rivalry between these two NFL franchises.
Starting with their time playing in the NFL’s Western Conference, the Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles share a rich and illustrious history together. The Vikings have a 15-15 record in the 30 total meetings between the two teams.
When both teams were NFC contenders in the 1980s, the Vikings and Eagles’ rivalry truly heated up. The Eagles defeated the Vikings 27-10 in the NFC Championship game that year. The next season, the two teams faced off again in the NFC Championship Game, with the Vikings coming out on top 24-7.
The Vikings and Eagles continued their rivalry throughout the 1990s, as both teams participated in a number of postseason games. In the NFC Championship Game that year, the Vikings defeated the Eagles 34-3. The next season, the two teams faced off again in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, with the Eagles coming out on top 31-13.
Since 1999, the Vikings and Eagles have not faced off in the playoffs, but their rivalry is still fierce. In the regular season of 2022, the two teams played each other twice, with each club winning one game.
One of the fiercest rivalries in the league is between the Vikings and Eagles, two of the NFC’s most prosperous teams. The rivalry between the two teams will undoubtedly last for many years to come since they have played each other in some of the most memorable games in NFL history.
The following are a few of the most notable contests in the rivalry’s past between the Vikings and Eagles:
- The 1980 NFC Championship Game saw the first-ever meeting between the Vikings and Eagles. Following their 27-10 victory in the game, the Eagles went on to win Super Bowl XV.
- The Vikings and Eagles played one another in the NFC Championship Game in 1981. The Vikings triumphed 24-7 this time, and they later won Super Bowl XXII.
- The Vikings and Eagles played one other in the NFC Championship Game three times in 1998. The Vikings defeated the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl XXXIII despite winning the game 34-3.
- 1999 Divisional Round: In the 1999 postseason’s Divisional Round, the Vikings and Eagles faced battle. The Eagles defeated the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game despite winning the game 31–13.
One of the fiercest rivalries in the NFL is between the Vikings and Eagles, two of the league’s most illustrious teams. The rivalry between the two teams will undoubtedly last for many years to come since they have played each other in some of the most memorable games in NFL history.
There have been many additional memorable contests between the Vikings and Eagles in addition to the ones mentioned above. These games include, among others:
- The “Miracle at the Met” of 1975 saw the Vikings defeat the Eagles 23-20 after coming back from a 17-point deficit.
- The field was completely frozen solid for the “Freezer Bowl” in 1967 between the Vikings and Eagles.
- The “Philly Special” in 2018, when the Eagles defeated the Vikings in the NFC Championship Game by scoring a touchdown on a trick play.
One of the most intriguing rivalries in the NFL is between the Vikings and Eagles, two of the league’s most well-liked clubs. The rivalry between the two teams will undoubtedly last for many years to come since they consistently play close games.
|Sep 19, 2022
|-3 / 49.5
|Won / Under
|Oct 13, 2019
|+3.5 / 44
|Lost / Over
|Oct 7, 2018
|-3 / 48.5
|Lost / Under
|Jan 21, 2018
|+3 / 39
|Won / Over
|Oct 23, 2016
|+3 / 39
|Won / Under
|Dec 15, 2013
|-6.5 / 53
|Lost / Over
|Dec 28, 2010
|+14 / 44
|Won / Under
|Jan 4, 2009
|-3 / 41.5
|Won / Under
|Oct 28, 2007
|-1 / 37.5
|Won / Over
|Jan 16, 2005
|+9 / 47.5
|Won / Under
Thank you for reading this Vikings at Eagles Betting preview, best of luck with your action!
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: