Jets at Browns Betting preview for the game that is set for the second week of action of the 2023-24 NFL season.
Jets at Browns Betting: NFL Week 2 Preview
The Week 2 matchup between the New York Jets and Cleveland Browns, two of the NFL’s most intriguing teams, is expected to be a high-scoring contest. The Jets had a dismal 7-10 record in 2022, but they now have Robert Saleh as their new head coach and a number of young players who are anticipated to have an effect. The Browns had a 7-10 season last year as well.
The over/under in this game has been set at 47 points, with the Jets receiving a 3-point advantage. The Jets have a solid recent record against the spread, finishing 11-6-1 ATS in their last 18 contests. The Browns, on the other hand, have had a mixed ATS record over their last 17 contests, going 7-10 ATS.
Jets at Browns Betting trends to watch for this game
Here are the most important Jets at Browns Betting trends for this particular game:
- In their previous 4 games against the Browns, the Jets are 3-1 ATS.
- In their previous 8 away games, the Jets have a 6-2 ATS record.
- In their last 5 games after a loss, the Browns have a 2-3 ATS record.
- In 6 of the Jets’ last 7 games against the Browns, the total has been exceeded.
On paper, the Jets appear to be the superior club, but the Browns have the home-field advantage and are always a threat when Baker Mayfield is on the field. I anticipate a competitive game, and I’m betting on the Browns to win and cover the spread.
Jets at Browns Betting: Top wagers for this game
Here are our recommended Jets at Browns Betting options:
- Browns betting odds (-115)
- Over 47 points, Browns
The Browns, in my opinion, are a solid value on the moneyline and stand a strong chance of covering the spread. Given that both of these teams are capable of scoring a lot of points, the over is also a wise wager.
Please be aware that there is no assurance that my forecasts will come true; they are merely my opinions. Sports betting is always a risk, therefore you should never wager more money than you can afford to lose.
Some of the major players in this game to keep an eye on are listed below:
- One of the NFL’s most intriguing rookie quarterbacks, Zach Wilson of the Jets, will try to lead his team to victory.
- Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield, one of the finest in the NFL, will try to help his team pull off a comeback victory.
- Jets wide receiver Elijah Moore Moore, one of the top receivers in the NFL, will be Wilson’s main target.
- Cooper, one of the top receivers in the NFL and a member of the Browns, will be a key target for Mayfield.
The Jets will need to play their best football if they want to win this game, but they do have a solid chance to do so. It will be difficult to defeat the Browns since they are a dangerous team. The Jets will have a solid opportunity to win if they can establish their ground game and contain Mayfield.
The following are some crucial things to look out for in this game:
- The offensive line of the Jets: Wilson will need to be well-protected by the Jets offensive line, especially from the Browns’ pass rush.
- The running game of the Browns: One of the greatest in the NFL, the Browns’ rushing attack must get rolling if they are to manage the clock and keep the Jets’ offense off the field.
- Defense of the Jets: The Jets’ defense, which ranks among the best in the NFL, must perform well in order to contain the Browns’ offense.
I can’t wait to watch who wins since I know it will be a close and thrilling game.
Jets at Browns Betting: New York vs Cleveland History and Rivalry
Last but not least in this Jets at Browns Betting preview, we have the history and rivalry between these two teams.
The New York Jets and Cleveland Browns have one of the oldest rivalries in the NFL. The two teams have been playing each other since 1960, and the rivalry has only grown stronger over the years.
The Jets and Browns have met 109 times in the regular season, with the Jets holding a 57-52 advantage in the series. The two teams have also met twice in the playoffs, with the Jets winning both games.
The rivalry between the Jets and Browns is fueled by a number of factors. First, the two teams are located in neighboring states, with the Jets in New York and the Browns in Ohio. This proximity has led to a number of heated games between the two teams, as fans from both sides travel to the games in large numbers.
Second, the two teams have a number of star players who have helped to fuel the rivalry. In recent years, the Jets have been led by quarterback Zach Wilson and wide receiver Elijah Moore, while the Browns have been led by quarterback Deshaun Watson and wide receiver Amari Cooper. These matchups between two of the NFL’s most talented offenses have helped to make the games between the Jets and Browns some of the most exciting in the league.
Finally, the rivalry between the Jets and Browns has been further fueled by a number of controversial plays and incidents. In 1987, the Browns defeated the Jets 35-31 in a game that was marred by a controversial call by the referees. The call came in the fourth quarter, when the Jets were driving for a potential game-winning touchdown. The referees ruled that Jets receiver Wesley Walker had caught a pass in the end zone, but the replay showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The Browns were awarded the ball, and they were able to run out the clock to secure the victory.
The New York Jets and Cleveland Browns rivalry is one of the most intense in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always close and exciting, and the rivalry is sure to continue for many years to come.
Here are some of the most memorable games in the Jets-Browns rivalry:
- 1987: The Browns defeated the Jets 35-31 in a game that was marred by a controversial call by the referees. The call came in the fourth quarter, when the Jets were driving for a potential game-winning touchdown. The referees ruled that Jets receiver Wesley Walker had caught a pass in the end zone, but the replay showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The Browns were awarded the ball, and they were able to run out the clock to secure the victory.
- 1994: The Jets defeated the Browns 20-17 in a game that was played in a snowstorm. The game was so cold that the field was covered in snow, and the players had to wear special gloves to keep their hands warm. The Jets won the game on a field goal by John Hall with just seconds remaining.
- 2002: The Jets defeated the Browns 24-20 in a game that was decided by a last-second field goal by Doug Brien. The field goal was controversial, as it was kicked from 52 yards out and the wind was blowing in. However, Brien made the kick, and the Jets won the game.
The Jets-Browns rivalry is one of the most popular rivalries in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always well-attended, and the television ratings for the games are always high. The rivalry is also a major economic driver for both cities. The games between the two teams generate millions of dollars in revenue for the teams, the cities, and the state of Ohio.
The Jets-Browns rivalry is a true classic. It is a rivalry that is steeped in history and tradition, and it is a rivalry that is sure to continue for many years to come.
Jets at Browns Betting: Head to Head
Here is the head to head information for this Jets at Browns Betting preview:
|Sep 18, 2022||Browns||Jets||-6.5 / 38.5||Lost 30-31||Lost / Over|
|Dec 27, 2020||Browns||@Jets||-6.5 / 44.5||Lost 16-23||Lost / Under|
|Sep 16, 2019||Browns||@Jets||-6.5 / 45||Won 23-3||Won / Under|
|Sep 20, 2018||Browns||Jets||-3 / 41||Won 21-17||Won / Under|
|Oct 8, 2017||Browns||Jets||+1.5 / 41.5||Lost 14-17||Lost / Under|
|Oct 30, 2016||Browns||Jets||+2.5 / 45.5||Lost 28-31||Lost / Over|
|Sep 13, 2015||Browns||@Jets||+4 / 40||Lost 10-31||Lost / Over|
|Dec 22, 2013||Browns||@Jets||-2.5 / 41.5||Lost 13-24||Lost / Under|
|Nov 14, 2010||Browns||Jets||+3 / 37||Lost 20-26||Lost / Over|
|Dec 9, 2007||Browns||@Jets||-3.5 / 47.5||Won 24-18||Won / Under|
Jets at Browns Betting preview for week 2 of the 2023-24 NFL season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: