Buccaneers at Saints Betting preview for the second week of action of the 2023 NFL season.
Buccaneers at Saints Betting: NFL Week 2 Preview
The Week 2 showdown between the New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, two of the NFL’s most thrilling teams, is expected to be a high-scoring affair. The Buccaneers, who had an unimpressive 8-9 record in 2022, now have Todd Bowles as their head coach and a handful of young players who are expected to have an impact. The Saints just finished a 7-10 campaign.
The over/under in this game has been set at 48 points, with the Buccaneers receiving a 3-point advantage. In their previous 18 games, the Buccaneers have been a strong club against the spread, going 11-6-1 ATS. The Saints, on the other hand, have had a mixed ATS record over their last 17 contests, going 7-10 ATS.
Buccaneers at Saints Betting: Trends to watch for this game
Here are the best trends to consider when getting your Buccaneers at Saints Betting action:
- In their previous 4 games versus the Saints, the Buccaneers are 3-1 ATS.
- In their previous 8 away games, the Buccaneers have a 6-2 ATS record.
- In their last 5 games after a loss, the Saints have a 2-3 ATS record.
- In six of the Buccaneers’ last seven games against the Saints, the total has been exceeded.
On paper, the Buccaneers appear to be the superior squad, but the Saints have the home-field advantage and are always a threat when their running game is in full swing. I anticipate a competitive contest and am inclined to pick the Buccaneers to cover the spread.
Buccaneers at Saints Betting: Top wagers for this game
Here are our recommended Buccaneers at Saints Betting choices:
- Buccaneers betting odds (+115)
- Buccaneers +3 Greater than 48 points
The Buccaneers, in my opinion, are a solid value on the moneyline and stand a strong chance of covering the spread. Given that both of these teams are capable of scoring a lot of points, the over is also a wise wager.
Please be aware that there is no assurance that my forecasts will come true; they are merely my opinions. Sports betting is always a risk, therefore you should never wager more money than you can afford to lose.
Some of the major players in this game to keep an eye on are listed below:
- Tom Brady, quarterback for the Buccaneers, will try to lead his team to victory. Brady is one of the most seasoned quarterbacks in the NFL.
- Taysom Hill, QB, Saints: Hill, one of the NFL’s most adaptable quarterbacks, will try to lead the Saints to a victory after a loss.
- Buccaneers WR Mike Evans: Evans is one of the top receivers in the NFL, and Brady will use him frequently as a target.
- Alvin Kamara, RB, Saints: Kamara is among the top rushing backs in the NFL and will play a significant role in the offense of the Saints.
The Buccaneers will need to play their best football in order to win this game, but they still have a solid opportunity to accomplish so. The Saints are a risky squad and will be challenging to defeat. The Buccaneers will have a decent opportunity to win if they can establish their running game and contain Hill.
The following are some crucial things to look out for in this game:
- The offensive line for the Buccaneers: Brady will need to be well-protected by the Buccaneers offensive line, especially against the Saints’ pass rush.
- The running game of the Saints: One of the finest in the NFL, the Saints’ rushing attack must get rolling if they are to control the clock and keep the Buccaneers’ offense off the field.
- The Buccaneers defense, which ranks among the best in the NFL, must perform well in order to contain the Saints’ attack.
I can’t wait to watch who wins since I know it will be a close and thrilling game.
Buccaneers at Saints Betting: Tampa Bay vs New Orleans History and Rivalry
Last but not least in our Buccaneers at Saints Betting preview, we have the history and rivalry for these two professional American football teams.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints have one of the most heated rivalries in the NFL. The two teams have been playing each other since 1977, and the rivalry has only grown stronger over the years.
The Buccaneers and Saints have met 55 times in the regular season, with the Saints holding a 32-23 advantage in the series. The two teams have also met twice in the playoffs, with the Saints winning both games.
The rivalry between the Buccaneers and Saints is fueled by a number of factors. First, the two teams are located in neighboring states, with the Buccaneers in Florida and the Saints in Louisiana. This proximity has led to a number of heated games between the two teams, as fans from both sides travel to the games in large numbers.
Second, the two teams have a number of star players who have helped to fuel the rivalry. In recent years, the Buccaneers have been led by quarterback Tom Brady and wide receiver Mike Evans, while the Saints have been led by quarterback Drew Brees and wide receiver Michael Thomas. These matchups between two of the NFL’s most talented offenses have helped to make the games between the Buccaneers and Saints some of the most exciting in the league.
Finally, the rivalry between the Buccaneers and Saints has been further fueled by a number of controversial plays and incidents. In 2009, the Saints defeated the Buccaneers 31-14 in a game that was marred by a controversial call by the referees. The call came in the fourth quarter, when the Buccaneers were driving for a potential game-winning touchdown. The referees ruled that Buccaneers receiver Antonio Bryant had caught a pass in the end zone, but the replay showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The Saints were awarded the ball, and they were able to run out the clock to secure the victory.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints rivalry is one of the most intense in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always close and exciting, and the rivalry is sure to continue for many years to come.
Here are some of the most memorable games in the Buccaneers-Saints rivalry:
- 2009: The Saints defeated the Buccaneers 31-14 in a game that was marred by a controversial call by the referees. The call came in the fourth quarter, when the Buccaneers were driving for a potential game-winning touchdown. The referees ruled that Buccaneers receiver Antonio Bryant had caught a pass in the end zone, but the replay showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The Saints were awarded the ball, and they were able to run out the clock to secure the victory.
- 2018: The Buccaneers defeated the Saints 31-20 in the NFC Divisional Round. The game was played in New Orleans, and the Buccaneers won on a last-second field goal by Ryan Succop.
- 2020: The Buccaneers defeated the Saints 38-35 in the NFC Divisional Round. The game was played in Tampa, Florida, and the Buccaneers won on a last-second touchdown pass from Tom Brady to Mike Evans.
The Buccaneers-Saints rivalry is one of the most popular rivalries in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always well-attended, and the television ratings for the games are always high. The rivalry is also a major economic driver for both cities. The games between the two teams generate millions of dollars in revenue for the teams, the cities, and the state of Florida.
The Buccaneers-Saints rivalry is a true classic. It is a rivalry that is steeped in history and tradition, and it is a rivalry that is sure to continue for many years to come.
Buccaneers at Saints Betting: Head to Head
Here is the head to head information for this Buccaneers at Saints Betting preview:
|Dec 5, 2022
|-3.5 / 40.5
|Lost / Under
|Sep 18, 2022
|-2.5 / 43.5
|Won / Under
|Dec 19, 2021
|-11.5 / 45.5
|Lost / Under
|Oct 31, 2021
|-4 / 48.5
|Lost / Over
|Jan 17, 2021
|+2.5 / 53.5
|Won / Under
|Nov 8, 2020
|-3 / 50.5
|Lost / Under
|Sep 13, 2020
|+4.5 / 48
|Lost / Over
|Nov 17, 2019
|+5 / 51
|Lost / Push
|Oct 6, 2019
|+3 / 46
|Lost / Over
|Dec 9, 2018
|+9 / 55
|Lost / Under
Buccaneers at Saints Betting preview for week 2 of the 2023 NFL season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: