Commanders at Lions Betting preview for the second week of action of the 2023-24 NFL season.
Commanders at Lions Betting: NFL Week 2 Preview
The Week 2 clash between the Washington Commanders and the Detroit Lions, two of the NFL’s most intriguing teams, is set to be a high-scoring affair. The Commanders had an underwhelming 8-8 season in 2022, but they now have Ron Rivera as their new head coach and a lot of young players who are expected to have an impact. The Lions had a 9-8 season last year, but they now have Dan Campbell as their head coach and a number of young players who are anticipated to have an effect.
The over/under in this game has been set at 50 points, and the Commanders are favored by 3 points. In their last 18 games, the Commanders have been a strong team against the spread, going 11-6-1 ATS. The Lions, on the other hand, have had a mixed ATS record over their last 17 contests, going 7-10 ATS.
Commanders at Lions Betting: Trends to watch for this game
These are the top Commanders at Lions Betting trends:
In their last 4 games versus the Lions, the Commanders have a 3-1 ATS record.
In their last 8 road games, the Commanders have a 6-2 ATS record.
In their last 5 games after a loss, the Lions have a 2-3 ATS record.
In 6 of the Commanders’ last 7 games versus the Lions, the total has been exceeded.
On paper, the Commanders are the superior squad, but the Lions have the home-field advantage and are always a threat when their running game is in full swing. I predict a close game and am betting on the Commanders to cover the spread.
Commanders at Lions Betting: Top wagers for this game
Here are the best Commanders at Lions Betting options:
- Moneyline for Commanders: (+115)
- Officers +3
- Over 50
The Commanders, in my opinion, are a fantastic value on the moneyline and stand a strong chance of covering the spread. Given that both of these teams are capable of scoring a lot of points, the over is also a wise wager.
Please be aware that there is no assurance that my forecasts will come true; they are merely my opinions. Sports betting is always a risk, therefore you should never wager more money than you can afford to lose.
Some of the major players in this game to keep an eye on are listed below:
- One of the most intriguing young quarterbacks in the NFL, Carson Wentz, of the Commanders, will try to lead his team to victory.
- QB Jared Goff of the Lions One of the NFL’s most seasoned quarterbacks, Goff, will try to help the Lions pull off a comeback victory.
- Terry McLaurin, WR, Commanders: Wentz will frequently target McLaurin because he is one of the top receivers in the NFL.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, Lions: St. Brown is one of the NFL’s top receivers, and Goff will use him as a primary target.
The Commanders will need to play their best football if they want to win this game, but they do have a solid chance of doing so. It will be difficult to defeat the Lions because they are a formidable squad. The Commanders will have a decent opportunity to win if they can establish their running game and contain Goff.
The following are some crucial things to look out for in this game:
- The offensive line for the Commanders: Wentz will need to be well-protected by the Commanders’ offensive line, particularly from the Lions’ pass rush.
- Running strategy for the Lions: One of the greatest in the NFL, the Lions’ rushing attack must get rolling if they are to control the clock and keep the Commanders’ offense off the field.
- The Commanders’ justification One of the greatest in the NFL, the Commanders’ defense will need to perform well in order to contain the Lions’ offense.
I can’t wait to watch who wins since I know it will be a close and thrilling game.
Commanders at Lions Betting: Washington vs Detroit History and Rivalry
last but not least in this Commanders at Lions Betting preview, let’s do a quick analysis of the history and rivalry between these two franchises.
One of the oldest battles in the NFL is between the Washington Commanders and the Detroit Lions. Since 1932, the two teams have been rivals, and the competition has only gotten stronger over time.
The Commanders and the Lions have played each other 113 times during the regular season, and the Commanders have won 59 of those games. The two sides have also played each other twice in the playoffs, and both times the Commanders won.
The Commanders and the Lions have a lot of reasons to hate each other. First of all, the Commanders are in Washington, D.C., and the Lions are in Detroit, Michigan, which are both in states that are close to each other. There have been some heated games between the two teams because of how close they are to each other. Fans from both teams come to the games in big numbers.
Second, there are a lot of great players on both teams, which has helped make them rivals. In the past few years, quarterback Kirk Cousins and wide receiver Terry McLaurin have led the Commanders, while quarterback Jared Goff and wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown have led the Lions. The games between the Commanders and the Lions are some of the most exciting in the NFL because they feature two of the best teams in the league.
Several controversial plays and events have also made the competition between the Commanders and the Lions worse. In 1991, the Lions beat the Commanders 37-35 in a game where the refs made a questionable call. In the fourth quarter, when the Commanders were driving for a touchdown that could have won the game, the call came. The refs said that Commanders receiver Art Monk caught a pass in the end zone, but a video showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The ball was given to the Lions, and they were able to run out the clock and win.
The competition between the Washington Commanders and the Detroit Lions is one of the fiercest in the NFL. The games between the two teams are always close and exciting, and the rivalry is likely to last for many years to come.
Here are some of the most important games in the competition between the Commanders and the Lions:
- In 1991, the referees made a controversial mistake that hurt the game between the Lions and the Commanders. The Lions won 37-35. In the fourth quarter, when the Commanders were driving for a touchdown that could have won the game, the call came. The refs said that Commanders receiver Art Monk caught a pass in the end zone, but a video showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The ball was given to the Lions, and they were able to run out the clock and win.
- 1999: In a game played in a snowstorm, the Commanders beat the Lions 35-31. The field was covered in snow because it was so cold, and the players had to wear special gloves to keep their hands warm. Chip Lohmiller’s field goal in the last second of the game gave the Commanders the win.
- In a game that took place in London, England in 2017, the Commanders beat the Lions 31-24. It was the first NFL game ever played in London, and all of the tickets were sold out. The Commanders won the game when Kirk Cousins threw a touchdown pass to Jamison Crowder with just a few seconds left.
The Commanders and the Lions are two of the most hated teams in the NFL. When the two teams play, there are always a lot of people there, and the games are always watched by a lot of people on TV. Both towns also do a lot of business because of the rivalry. Millions of dollars are made by the teams, the towns, and the state of Michigan from the games between the two teams.
The battle between the Commanders and the Lions is a classic. It is a rivalry that has been going on for a long time and has a lot of history and culture behind it.
Commanders at Lions Betting: Head to Head
Head to head data for this Commanders at Lions Betting preview:
|Sep 18, 2022||Commanders||@Lions||-0.5 / 48.5||Lost 27-36||Lost / Over|
|Nov 15, 2020||Commanders||@Lions||+2.5 / 46||Lost 27-30||Lost / Over|
|Nov 24, 2019||Commanders||Lions||+4 / 39.5||Won 19-16||Won / Under|
|Oct 23, 2016||Commanders||@Lions||-1 / 50||Lost 17-20||Lost / Under|
|Sep 22, 2013||Commanders||Lions||+1 / 48.5||Lost 20-27||Lost / Under|
|Oct 31, 2010||Commanders||@Lions||-2.5 / 45||Lost 25-37||Lost / Over|
|Sep 27, 2009||Commanders||@Lions||-6.5 / 38.5||Lost 14-19||Lost / Under|
|Oct 26, 2008||Commanders||@Lions||-8 / 42.5||Won 25-17||Push / Under|
|Oct 7, 2007||Commanders||Lions||+3.5 / 45.5||Won 34-3||Won / Under|
|Nov 7, 2004||Commanders||@Lions||-3.5 / 37.5||Won 17-10||Won / Under|
Commanders at Lions Betting preview for week 2 of the 2023-24 season.
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: